1/32 F7U Gutless Cutlass - BIG and SHINY

Hi,

Here is my finished 1/32 F7U-3M Cutlass. It's a full resin kit by Fisher Models, and what a beautiful kit it was. This kit is so nice, I still can't believe it is resin and not a plastic kit.

Basically everything was out of the box, I didn't add anything other than paint and glue (half a tube of 2-part epoxy glue used). The metallic finish was mostly done with Alclad, including aluminum, dark aluminum, polished aluminum, steel, and jet exhaust. The glossy blue and red markings were Gunze lacquer then coated with Alclad gloss coat. The landing gears were Tamiya acrylic titanium. The rest of the colours were Gunze acrylics.

I hope you like it. THank you.

cutfin1.jpg

cutfin2.jpg

cutfin3.jpg

cutfin4.jpg

cutfin5.jpg

cutfin6.jpg

cutfin8.jpg

cutfin9.jpg

Terry

Edited by loftycomfort

Beautiful build Terry!!!

:jaw-dropping:

Has Paul Fisher seen this yet? If not, you should send him some pics as I'm sure he'd be thrilled.

Speaking of pics, I'd love to see some pics on a non-black background under natural lighting.

Bravo...

:cheers:

Care to share how you laid the alclad down? Black gloss, sand, and then the alclad?

I primed with a very thick layer of Mr Surfacer 1200 (almost used an entire bottle of the stuff), then polished the primed model. For most Alclad colours, it was just sprayed straight onto the primed polished model. For polished aluminum, it was first a thick coat of gloss black, then the Alclad.

I'd love to see some pics on a non-black background under natural lighting.

Here are some more shots taken with natural light. I'm glad I did this because it's only the first time the Cutlass goes out of the model room. It looks different with natural sunlight, more aluminum-y.

cutsun5.jpg

cutsun4.jpg

cutsun3.jpg

cutsun2.jpg

cutsun1.jpg

Terry

Beautifully done! I've always loved the Cutlass. When my dad was in the Army, he played for the baseball team. They traveled to Japan to play the Navy. When the game was done, he started wandering around the base. There was an open hangar, and he peeked inside. There was a VX-4 Cutlass in gull gray/white just sitting there. He snapped a picture before he was shooed away. He scanned the slide and I now have a framed picture on my model room wall.

Here are some more shots taken with natural light. I'm glad I did this because it's only the first time the Cutlass goes out of the model room. It looks different with natural sunlight, more aluminum-y.

:thumbsup:

:worship:

aluminum-y? Wouldn't that be aluminummy? :P

:cheers: