Ju87B 1/32 Trumpeter

This is the new Trumpy tool, out of the box except for Eduard seatbelts. This was a GREAT kit; miles above any prior Trumpy kit i've done and close to the quality of a Tamiya kit. I can highly recommend this one. Only criticism is the decal instrument panel; I would invest in an Eduard Zoom kit for that piece; the sidewalls and rest of the cockpit are pretty good. I built this for my friend Chris Fraleigh, an armor modeler who got me into contest modeling and wanted a Stuka for his new home's 'war room'; I'm guessing he's going to be happy with his new toy. Paint, by the way, is Tamiya rattlecan (as5/23/24) except for the yellow (MM). Don't know if there are any Trumpeter folks who monitor the board but if so, way to GO, guys!!! Its a brave new world for Trumpy aircraft. Not only is the fit much better, the surface engraving looks like it was done by a Tamiya dude, not a drunken tattoo artist.

002_zps66c711d3.jpg

003_zps39dd6f66.jpg

005_zpsc0dd4075.jpg

015_zpsedf16a29.jpg

013_zps1434aada.jpg

Bill, you've done a fantastic job with this kit. Great finish for rattle cans. It would seem that Trumpeter also missed what is just becoming widely known re Ju-87 aircraft. The sliding portion of the canopy, as well as parts of the rear canopy did not feature outside framework, the vertical framework all being internal only. Very few of the kit manufacturers have caught on to this, Hasegawa being one that has..It's even more pronounced on Ju-87 D & G types. Hal Sr

Edited by Hal Marshman Sr

Great build Wild Bill. I got my Hasegawa 1/32 kit in the stash and I'm hungry to build it after seeing your B model.

You might want to post this in the Display case or Critique Corner Forums for more views and feedback.