Erick sent me a CH-53G that was already started. I wasn't informed about that. Also the main rotor and some other pieces were missing!!! And some others were broken! I want my money back or a kit!

Erick sent me a CH-53G that was already started. I wasn't informed about that. Also the main rotor and some other pieces were missing!!! And some others were broken! I want my money back or a kit!

Why did you post that in the general forums? You should have sent Erick a Private Message or email.

Erick has done an amazing job with this enormous task and it was just out of loyalty to a friend and his widow.

Erick would have made it right with you - and quickly.

This was a pretty cheap shot.

Kevin Farrell

Stathax I will refund the money for the kit sorry when I said in the original post these are builders kits it can be inferred that some have been started. I did fail to mention that but was unaware of the missing parts. I however agree you should have pm'ed me in private and told me of the problems and I would have gladly and kindly refunded your money. With your tone of demanding a kit or refund here then, please send me your paypal info in a pm and I will refund you the kit money. Erick

Edited by CW4 Erick Swanberg

Stathax I will refund the money for the kit sorry when I said in the original post these are builders kits it can be inferred that some have been started. I did fail to mention that but was unaware of the missing parts. I however agree you should have pm'ed me in private and told me of the problems and I would have gladly and kindly refunded your money. With your tone of demanding a kit or refund here then, please send me your paypal info in a pm and I will refund you the kit money. Erick

You can check your pm's. Count them...

Why did you post that in the general forums? You should have sent Erick a Private Message or email.

Erick has done an amazing job with this enormous task and it was just out of loyalty to a friend and his widow.

Erick would have made it right with you - and quickly.

This was a pretty cheap shot.

Kevin Farrell

I don't have a problem with what Erick is doing. I really think that he is doing a good job. Really. But I sent many pm's regarding a problem with not just one kit, but he didn't reply. Why did he reply when I posted in general? I believe that we'll find a solution and I believe that he will continue his good job. I just asked for some attention, because the kits he sent me were not all mine. I don't want anyone to answer after someone posts in general. He works a lot, but it's been days since I sent the messages. I am sorry for the inconvenience, but I got a little frustrated, because I thought he was ignoring me.

I understand your being frustrated and thinking that you're being ignored. (Not getting a response is at the top of my "getting p.o'ed" list as well.) I suppose that if you were to follow any of the posts that involved Erick and his "distribution" system, you would see that there have been maybe two (including yours) instances where there was a gripe. That would tell me that his "Q.C." is pretty darn good and his turn-around has been pretty good as well if you take in consideration that he has a full-time job (as an Instructor Pilot in the Black Hawk). So, if you add that fact into he mix, his Q.C. and turn-around has been at the "excellent" level.

This is a semi-private forum that serves a few thousand like-minded people. That creates an environment where there is a certain level of familiarity among us all. In other words, this is not a "letter to the editor" forum or one of those goofy "add your comments here" BBS's where there is anonymity and correct spelling, grammar (and civility) go out the window.

I will disclose that Erick is a close friend of mine whom I've never met in person! I know him only by reputation, personal emails and by what I see and read here (and on other forums.) Erick does not need my help to defend himself - far from it! I will also say that I had the same knee-jerk reaction to what you wrote and where you placed it as you did when your frustration trumped your good sense by airing your complaint on the general forum for everybody to see. To a "newbie" - your comment tarnished Erick's name and reputation right out of the box. That's what got me fired-up!

So, let's just drop it. What's done is done. You are going to be "made-whole" by Erick and I am through spouting-off about your post. Deal?

Kevin Farrell

I understand your being frustrated and thinking that you're being ignored. (Not getting a response is at the top of my "getting p.o'ed" list as well.) I suppose that if you were to follow any of the posts that involved Erick and his "distribution" system, you would see that there have been maybe two (including yours) instances where there was a gripe. That would tell me that his "Q.C." is pretty darn good and his turn-around has been pretty good as well if you take in consideration that he has a full-time job (as an Instructor Pilot in the Black Hawk). So, if you add that fact into he mix, his Q.C. and turn-around has been at the "excellent" level.

This is a semi-private forum that serves a few thousand like-minded people. That creates an environment where there is a certain level of familiarity among us all. In other words, this is not a "letter to the editor" forum or one of those goofy "add your comments here" BBS's where there is anonymity and correct spelling, grammar (and civility) go out the window.

I will disclose that Erick is a close friend of mine whom I've never met in person! I know him only by reputation, personal emails and by what I see and read here (and on other forums.) Erick does not need my help to defend himself - far from it! I will also say that I had the same knee-jerk reaction to what you wrote and where you placed it as you did when your frustration trumped your good sense by airing your complaint on the general forum for everybody to see. To a "newbie" - your comment tarnished Erick's name and reputation right out of the box. That's what got me fired-up!

So, let's just drop it. What's done is done. You are going to be "made-whole" by Erick and I am through spouting-off about your post. Deal?

Kevin Farrell

I didn't want to cause any trouble. I had a great communication with Erick, until I send the message about the CH-53G. Maybe there was something wrong with the forum. I clicked on the little triangle at the upper right corner of the page. I choosed the last notification and typed the messages. That's all! I could reply from there, so I did it. If someone does not reply to you when you have a problem, you start thinking of the worst... Never mind. What's done is done.I didn't have any bad intention.

As for the ''newbie'' thing, we(the newbies) have less rights? What if I was not a newbie? It wouldn't be the same? Don't treat a newbie differently. There is no reason to. And the only deal that will exist is between Erick and me.

Guys,

First I want to say I have had no dealings with Erick until this thread. I like to buy, build & sell models, thats why I come over to this forum.

But really - I think this has gone on long enough. We are all big boys and Erick will "fix" this minor problem. Everyone makes mistakes,(even me for writing this).

Can we just get back to why we are here, there is too much going on in the world for these little things to get our blood up. :bandhead2:

"Can't we all just get along????"

Mars-Attacks-jack-nicholson-20476211-1316-2048.jpg

Guys all is good between stathax and me. There were some issues with pm's not showing up in my inbox but all is now fixed and we are good to go. I can understand where he came from when he explained it to me what happend. So all is a ok and stathax is still a good guy Erick