Australia/NZ Wings Group Build

Would you participate in this GB  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Would you take part in this Group Build if it goes ahead

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, if it includes civilian types.

:D/>, Hi to everyone. Litvyak and I have been discussing an Australia/NZ Wings GB proposal and I'd like to put the proposal out there for people to consider. Would anyone be interested in a GB for Aussie and Kiwi aircraft. We haven't discussed the parameters yet so I'm just putting the suggestion out there for you guys to think about. Even in this modern age there are a lot of aircraft that fall into this category, going back to WW1 there are even more that would fit into this GB if it's decided that the parameters should go back that far. So fellas, what do you think? Yes or no.

:cheers:/>,

Ross.

Edited by ross blackford

I'm in for it.

I've been collecting stuff for Aussie and Kiwi aircraft for a long time. Just looked at my 1/72 CA-15 resin kit today. Scrounged the decals and info for an RNZAF SBD and a TBF in the vanilla Hasegawa boxes, too. How about Qantas airliners?

Best wishes,

Grant

:D/>/>, Hi to everyone. Litvyak and I have been discussing an Australia/NZ Wings GB proposal and I'd like to put the proposal out there for people to consider. Would anyone be interested in a GB for Aussie and Kiwi aircraft. We haven't discussed the parameters yet so I'm just putting the suggestion out there for you guys to think about. Even in this modern age there are a lot of aircraft that fall into this category, going back to WW1 there are even more that would fit into this GB if it's decided that the parameters should go back that far. So fellas, what do you think? Yes or no.

:cheers:/>/>,

Ross.

I have the RAAF 20 year Hornet anniversary decals from Leading Edge that I've been wanting to use. The only problem is, I build very slowly. When will the GB start, and how long will it last?

:D/>/>, g'day MikeC,

At the moment we are just feeling out the interest level. If there's enough interest we'll put in a formal request to the GB Committee and get their nod of approval before we set any start or finish times. Actually it's them who set the dates, not the proposers or GB mods, and without their nod nothing happens at all.

Flying Dutchman,

What part of Oceanea are you proposing this airliner comes from? Is it Australian or New Zealand administered? If not it would probably fall outside the scope of this GB but we'll have to wait and see how much interest is shown first.

:cheers:/>/>,

Ross.

Edited by ross blackford

Ross, I'll cautiously put my hand up for this one, hell, its not that I'm short of Kiwi stuff. :) As long as the lead time is long & the wind up my tail I might even get something made for it.;)

Steve.

Flying Dutchman,

What part of Oceanea are you proposing this airliner comes from? Is it Australian or New Zealand administered? If not it would probably fall outside the scope of this GB but we'll have to wait and see how much interest is shown first.

Well, there are some interesting countries out there I would like to model an airliner from. Since Australia and New Zealand take up the major part of Oceania my suggestion was to expand the borders of the group build to the entire part of Oceania as a continent (so excluding Indonesia etc. politically belonging to Asia). Some options to me are Air Fiji (still known as Air Pacific but to be renamed soon), Air Tahiti Nui, Air Niugini or Solomons Airlines.

Just my suggestion, if you decide to leave it to Australia and NZ that's fine :)

:D, I haven't looked at this year's GB calendar yet but I'd say the lead time would be fairly long. Then we still have to get it approved. I'll have a look at the calendar now and get back to you all later in the day. Right now after a boring night shift I'm pretty much ready for bed.

:cheers:,

Ross.

:D, It seems they are now having rolling GB starts atarting in January, then March, July and then September. These builds will then finish in July, September, January and March. Looking at the calendar the January builds are under way and the March builds arranged with one set to start in July by the look of it so if there's enough interest and we get the GB Mods' and SBARC's blessings we may be able to start in July and end in January next year. If not it looks like a September start and ending in March 2014. I'd suggest all those interested go and have a look at the Group Build admin pages in the Group Build section. BTW, does anyone know how to set up a poll in a thread? I tried last night but it didn't appear in my post so obviously I've done something wrong.

Ross.

:D, G'day Procopius,

It wouldn't be a bother at all, in fact the more interest shown the more likely we'd be to get this build up and running. Remember, it also would include Australian Army and RAN aircraft and RNZN types as well. I'll have to talk with Litvyak but I can't see any reason not to include civil registered types too.

Ross.

BTW, does anyone know how to set up a poll in a thread? I tried last night but it didn't appear in my post so obviously I've done something wrong.

Ross, it's rather easy. Just go to your first post in this thread, and click edit. Then, under the editing window click on "Use full editor". When you have done that, there should be a poll making option.

:D, Indeed we did, for a few years; while we waited for our F-111s to be fixed. I think I recall seeing a Phantom at the 1970 Williamtown Air Force week celebrations. Those were the days, an air display at every base every year. It's a pity our society has changed so much they can't do that any more.

Ross.

I think that Helo pic made my mind up, an Italeri Seabat with a Cobra (?) S-58T conversion in Helicopters NZ colours from the 70s, seen here. I'll need to work out some decals, maybe home made but no graphics, just lettering, I'll need to work out the colours too. At my rate better start planning now.:(/>

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz

I'm in for it.

I've been collecting stuff for Aussie and Kiwi aircraft for a long time. Just looked at my 1/72 CA-15 resin kit today. Scrounged the decals and info for an RNZAF SBD and a TBF in the vanilla Hasegawa boxes, too. How about Qantas airliners?

Best wishes,

Grant

Hmmmm.... I Smell a Qantas V-Jet 707 coming to a shelf near me :woot.gif: