1/48 Hasegawa TA-4J Test Pilot School

I've wanted to do these markings for awhile after seeing them in the Squadron In-Action on the A-4. I finally found a set of Test Pilot School emblems for the tail. These things were pretty ratty-looking, which is why I wanted to try it. The only aftermarket is a set of Steel Beach intake plugs. Paints were MM Acryl and decals were from the spares box.

tpsta4j1.JPG

tpsta4j2.JPG

tpsta4j3.JPG

tpsta4j4.JPG

tpsta4j5.JPG

tpsta4j6.JPG

Dang it Darren. ....you beat me to it. I too wanted to build an A-4 in that scheme but I was waiting until I finished my Intruder.......I guess that could have taken forever. I've seen the same pictures and the only thing I was gonna do different was to try and make that funky probe on the nose which does not look easy to replicate.

Your jet looks great....love the weathering along the mid fuselage too. I hope mine will look as good as yours.

I've wanted to do these markings for awhile after seeing them in the Squadron In-Action on the A-4. I finally found a set of Test Pilot School emblems for the tail. These things were pretty ratty-looking, which is why I wanted to try it. The only aftermarket is a set of Steel Beach intake plugs. Paints were MM Acryl and decals were from the spares box.

tpsta4j1.JPG

tpsta4j2.JPG

tpsta4j3.JPG

tpsta4j4.JPG

tpsta4j5.JPG

tpsta4j6.JPG

looks very realistic.. nice job!