ARC Discussion Forums

Sign in to follow this  
Darren Roberts

1/48 Hasegawa TA-4J Test Pilot School

I've wanted to do these markings for awhile after seeing them in the Squadron In-Action on the A-4. I finally found a set of Test Pilot School emblems for the tail. These things were pretty ratty-looking, which is why I wanted to try it. The only aftermarket is a set of Steel Beach intake plugs. Paints were MM Acryl and decals were from the spares box.

tpsta4j1.JPG

tpsta4j2.JPG

tpsta4j3.JPG

tpsta4j4.JPG

tpsta4j5.JPG

tpsta4j6.JPG

That is one of the best, awful paint jobs I have ever seen!!! Love it!!!70.gif

As always, Darren, Great Job ! :clap2:

Very cool subject too ...

-Gregg

Superb build and excellent weathering! Lovely subject too; it's really good to see a Scooter breaking out of the usual Hi-Viz/'Nam era/Adversary trails.

Great model and ...even better the weathering. Becouse I am a "lover" of weathered aircraft, tell me a few words how you managed that...plleeeeeeasseeeee!!!

Dang it Darren. ....you beat me to it. I too wanted to build an A-4 in that scheme but I was waiting until I finished my Intruder.......I guess that could have taken forever. I've seen the same pictures and the only thing I was gonna do different was to try and make that funky probe on the nose which does not look easy to replicate.

Your jet looks great....love the weathering along the mid fuselage too. I hope mine will look as good as yours.

Another nice one! If you ever get to it, would love to see a pic or 2 of your display case, especially all those monogram tomcats.

Love it when people think out of the box for unusual schemes. Great result

The master strikes again. Darren I remember you saying somewhere that you had tackled the hobbyboss f14. Any chance of a pic or 2?

I've wanted to do these markings for awhile after seeing them in the Squadron In-Action on the A-4. I finally found a set of Test Pilot School emblems for the tail. These things were pretty ratty-looking, which is why I wanted to try it. The only aftermarket is a set of Steel Beach intake plugs. Paints were MM Acryl and decals were from the spares box.

tpsta4j1.JPG

tpsta4j2.JPG

tpsta4j3.JPG

tpsta4j4.JPG

tpsta4j5.JPG

tpsta4j6.JPG

looks very realistic.. nice job!