Brian-

What squadron of Intruder are you wanting to know about? A buddy of mine was in VA-85 at the time and those guys were loading MK-83's and AGM-123 Skippers on their birds.

I think only the A-7's and EA-6B's were HARM loaded during DS1, but don't quote me.

According to Angles of Attack: An A-6 Intruder Pilot's War by Peter Hunt, on the first night his a/c, 502, had a load of 6 Mk-20 Rockeyes on each of the o/b pylons, 1 HARM on an i/b pylon, with a ALQ-126 jamming pod on the other i/b pylon. Plus an ext tank on the belly. Other VA-145 A-6’s had 4 HARMS.

Jari

According to Angles of Attack: An A-6 Intruder Pilot's War by Peter Hunt, on the first night his a/c, 502, had a load of 6 Mk-20 Rockeyes on each of the o/b pylons, 1 HARM on an i/b pylon, with a ALQ-126 jamming pod on the other i/b pylon. Plus an ext tank on the belly. Other VA-145 A-6’s had 4 HARMS.

Jari

That is some good info right there. VA-145 is on the FT Desert Intruders sheet, and that would make one bad *** loadout.

Jari

Just a slight correction Jari. The ECM pod was the ALQ-167. The ALQ-126 is the A-6's internal system.

• 2 weeks later...