MPC(aifix) 1-72 Eagle tranposter from the old TV series SPACE 1999.

Great job! Wonderful painting, I like the subdued yellow.

I agree, these have always been one of my favorite ship designs. Very practical and utilitarian. I could see something this being used for real if we had a moonbase set up. Just curious, how big are the MPC kits? I wouldn't mind picking up one if I could find it. Are they rare?

Bill

I agree, these have always been one of my favorite ship designs. Very practical and utilitarian. I could see something this being used for real if we had a moonbase set up. Just curious, how big are the MPC kits? I wouldn't mind picking up one if I could find it. Are they rare?

Bill

Bill,

I recently sold my MPC kits, that I bought on Ebay a few years ago, starting from about 20 - 40 USD. I am a Space 1999 collector, but not as avid as the guys on Eagle transporter forum :rolleyes: I do have a few Product Enterprise 12" models, a Replicas Unlimited resin 23" Eagle and a few bits and pieces from a complete 44" Eagle, that was available from Robert Burns or known as Dakota in the sky. So any of you fellas like the these Eagles, head on over to ET forum :thumbsup:

Ken

• 2 weeks later...

The old MPC Eagle kit came out in the mid 70s and has been out of production for many years. I have one in my garage but haven't looked at it for sometime. I think it's about 12 inches long, and has the typical quality molding standards of all Airfix kits of that time. There is no cockpit detail of any kind bot instead it has a solid piece of plastic where the windows should be. Overall it's a fair kit but you should be able to pick one up one once in a while on Ebay or at a model contest from a vendor.

They also produced a Hawk fighter in lesser quantities that had a really cheap landing gear system. It's much rarer and will cost more when you can find them.