Postage increases

USPS just increased their rates, big time :bandhead2:/>/>/>

I just finished updating my website accordingly.

This will only be affecting my international customers including Canada and Mexico. (U.S. customers see edit below!)

For example a four ounce package was $5.34 and is now $8.88!

A one pound package was $11.60 and is now $15.08!

Ouch...

My S&H rates are based on actual postage cost plus about $1 (or less) for the box so there's nothing I can to lower my pricing.

This could be very bad for my business as so many customers will order one small item and if a $10 item ends up costing close to $20 shipped they may just pass on the deal.

I'm really hoping that customers will continue ordering and maybe order 2 or 3 things (or more!) rather than 1 to get the combined shipping discount. :pray:/>/>

Canada and Mexico: In the past I offered the same shipping rates as U.S. but the new rates are almost as high as to the rest of the world so I've lumped you in with regular international shipping.

Mexico... Sorry guys but the Mexican rates are only a few cents lower that Europe now.

Canada: I ask that my Canadian customers e-mail me before or after ordering and I will send a partial refund through Paypal. The refunds will tend to be aboot $2 - $5 per item.

Sorry guys. I hated updating the website but had no choice.

:crying2:/>/>

Edit:

Good news for the U.S. customers! :beer4:/>/>

As mentioned above, I previously lumped U.S., Canada and Mexico together. In order to do this I charged a little more than actual U.S. postage (plus the ~$1 for the box) so things evened out. Because I won't be including Canada and Mexico I actually lowered my U.S. S&H costs anywhere from $.50 - $1 per item!

Edited by Zactoman

Man that sucks!

Does'nt the USPS realize that a steep increase like that for international shipping can hurt exports and thus the economy?

I guess I will wait until my upcoming move to Tacoma, WA to order stuff from the states to save on shipping. Your beautiful F-14 Intakes are on the top of my want list.

Cheers,

Denis