Display Cabinet Ideas

Got this from Fantastic Furniture - $A128.  Could have got it for $99 earlier but the Mrs said they were cheap and tacky.....until I just went out and bought it, put it together, set it up with all my jets in it near the front door......and now she wants me to buy another one :rolleyes:

Cabinet_ARC.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like the shelves are not in a fixed height, so potentially more shelves could be added to one unit - that would be better than the Ikea ones. Looking on the site, the sizes are virtually identical though, which is a shame; I could do with units maybe 5cm wider, that's all it would take to make them a whole lot better for the 1/48th scale aircraft I'm building. If only Ikea would make the Detolf units a bit wider *sigh*

As an aside, they are also white, whereas the seven Detolf cabinets I have are black, but that's nothing that can't be fixed with a quick spray!

Cheers

Les

On 9/4/2017 at 11:29 AM, lesthegringo said:

Are those the same size as the Ikea ones?

Cheers 

Les

Not sure, we don't have Ikea where I live

The shelves are fixed - due to holes drilled at specific locations in the glass.  If you were handy, you could probably drill additional holes?

5 hours ago, lesthegringo said:

It looks like the shelves are not in a fixed height, so potentially more shelves could be added to one unit - that would be better than the Ikea ones.

It's not at all difficult to add shelves to an Ikea Deltolf - provided you have additional glass shelves.

• 6 years later...
5 hours ago, A-10 LOADER said:

That looks awesome Chuck ! Quartz counter tops ?

Steve

Yup! The company had over-ordered this color and they were the cheapest item available. Also, perfect for my tastes.  BTW, the walls are painted in RLM 74/75/76.  😉 There will be sealed and painted sound board backsplashes over the corner bench, and adjustable LED lighting in the display cases.  My dream room!

31 minutes ago, chukw said:

Yup! The company had over-ordered this color and they were the cheapest item available. Also, perfect for my tastes.  BTW, the walls are painted in RLM 74/75/76.  😉 There will be sealed and painted sound board backsplashes over the corner bench, and adjustable LED lighting in the display cases.  My dream room!

Sweet !!

Steve

On 11/22/2023 at 6:08 PM, AircraftAddict said:

Out of curiosity, where'd you source the lighting? I'd imagine adjustable LEDs are perfect for really showing off the details in those display cases. Your dream room is coming to life nicely - can't wait to see it all finished!

Thanks! My contractor is sourcing the light- he'll go in after the glass is in.

Thanks, Igl007!  Hopefully it'll be done before the new year.