no11 blades handles

Hi guys quick question

will no11 Scalpel Blades fit a normal excell hobby handle ?? they say it will fit #3 handle but i have no idea what ours are!

!C!JOtFg!Wk~$(KGrHqJ,!igE0HCkqD7CBNB5D9Q7bg~~_12.JPG

they really look the same to me

Cheers

Neo

I advise you NOT to put one of these in any ordinary handle, Excel or X-acto. They don't have the shoulders present on the ordinary hobby blades. Notice the cut out in the shank? That fits around an elongated knob on a proper scalpel handle and holds the blade rigid and immovable—utterly necessary in surgery and, for that matter, any use of these blades. They are much sharper than an ordinary hobby blade. They will go through your skin so easily you won't notice until about a full second after the cut, and they cut deep.

Use the proper handle—they're cheap. You can get them at Widget supply.

...They are much sharper than an ordinary hobby blade. They will go through your skin so easily you won't notice until about a full second after the cut, and they cut deep.

True: you can guess how I know ...

... Use the proper handle—they're cheap. You can get them at Widget supply.

Good advice. In fact they are cheap enough (here in the UK at least) to invest in a handle for each blade shape, to avoid having to change blades. I use three: 10, 11 and 15T.

Talking of changing blades, use extreme care to avoid finding out how sharp even a used blade can be! Swann Morton do make a blade remover, but I don't have one. http://www.swann-morton.com/product_range/13.php

True: you can guess how I know ...

Good advice. In fact they are cheap enough (here in the UK at least) to invest in a handle for each blade shape, to avoid having to change blades. I use three: 10, 11 and 15T.

Talking of changing blades, use extreme care to avoid finding out how sharp even a used blade can be! Swann Morton do make a blade remover, but I don't have one. http://www.swann-morton.com/product_range/13.php

I use a pair of long nose pliers to fit and remove Swan Norton blades. I have a thick plastic box with a slot cut in it to store the used blades safely.

Selwyn

Humm thats a bummer i really dont like the shapes of those handles and ive got lots of regular ones.

has for sharpness the sharper the better but thanks for the heads up