Looking for clear enamel

Does any paint manufacturer make clear enamel? I primarily use MM and havent found any of this brand. I am wanting to make some really transparent paints for detail use and was hoping to just mix color with clear. Is gloss or dullcoat available in bottles? I wonder how these would mix with enamel paints. I used to airbrush motorcycles and helmets and one of the more common techniques in that business is to mix a little paint with clear and make what is basically a tint and use this for shadows and subtle effects. Really worked great.

Edited by compressorman

I wonder if the Humbrol would happily mix with the MM, might get some and try it out.

Yep it does

i primarely use HUmbrol but i have some MM and they work together great

Just to caution you on the Humbrol/MM. Humbrol and MM enamels will mix fine. MM enamel I think is completely compatable with MM lacquer clears. However, Humbrol enamel might not be. A long time ago, I shot a Blue Angel gloss blue using a Humbrol mix. after decaling, I shot MM glosscote over the Humbrol gloss and it crazed the paint.Make sure you test.

Bear in mind Humbrol now and in the past may not be the very same formulas. They added the "super" to their tinlets a decade ago. Supposed to be less or smaller pigments or whatever..I don`t know if they actually changed anything though (other than the price;-)

Just another caution with the Humbrol enamel gloss clear; in my experience it takes a looooong time to cure properly, and I have also noticed yellowing when overspraying on lighter grey and white. I stopped using it and started using Future, but I am going to try the Gunze Mr Color clears when they finally arrive. Hopefully they will be good