I’m not sure where then “New Guy’s†or “Hello’s†page is, but I’m sure the Moderator will send me there if this isn’t it.I retired recently and I am bored to death. Used to do “models†when I was younger and the brilliant idea entered my head“Why not try it again, now that I have my entire future ahead of me?†(Kind of sad ain’t it, but I’m sure there are others of you out there just like me).

I just purchased Monograms ’56 Chevy Bell Air. Why? You guessed it. That was all I could afford when I came out of the Navy in ’68. What I am suppose to do with this model is beyond me. Probably destroy it, but I hope not. I plan on building it “standard†and not the modified way, cuz – yeah, you guessed it – that’s the way mine was back in ’68.

Wish me luck and I really hope that this works out as I could use the camaraderie what seems to be present here. I will apologize in advance for all the “stupid questions†I probably will ask along the way.

Nice to meet all of you and yes, I am a blood Lenape.

Michael Grayeagle

Welcome to the forum! Not much background on car models, myself (though there are two of mine in the stash, and another car and motorcycle "on consignment"), though there are a lot of car builders here that will give you an excellent start. Building models will keep your mind active in problem solving and the dexterity in your fingers strong (so long as arthritis and aging eyes don't intervene). Plus, if there's a local club, you can find some camaraderie there, as well. Are you planning on branching out into other varieties of models? What was your work before retirement, and your experiences in the Navy?

It's actually pretty difficult to destroy a model. Anything can be rebuilt or replaced, so long as you haven't melt it into slag. The "Tools and tips" forum is good for mining information on building techniques. The only "stupid question" is the one that wasn't asked.

Welcome to the boards, and take care!

Hello Michael Grayeagle,

Nice to have you on board. :occasion2::post1:

welcome to the MADHOUSE :thumbsup2:

I am pretty certain that you will find your way around pretty quickly.

There are lots of choices for you to gaze upon..jets, classic aviation, dioramas etc and vehicles and cars and armor.

There are a few experts in the car forums and they will guide you and assist you.check it out... :clap2:

And nice to have you ..please have fun as these guys are a great bunch..... :punk:

A blood Lenape, How wonderful.. :thank you for your SERVICE.. :salute:

Bye for now..look forward to your models :coolio:

HOLMES

Welcome Aboard ARC, Michael ! :post1:

Glad to have you here ...

There are no stupid questions, sometimes, just stupid answers ... :rofl:

You found the right place in posting too, ARC doesn't have a dedicated "Welcome" thread ...

Remember, have fun ...

-Gregg

Hello Michael...and let me add my :post1: , you retired in '68 from the Navy cough..cough, Oh well we all have a cross to bear :D/> , but you will not be alone here....there are a lot of those ahh....ummm.....errrr...well folks who thought or think that looking at water for endless hours was a good thing to do, and a few of the god's gift to the US; ex USAF guys :banana: :banana: :yahoo: :yahoo: :whistle: . You'll find that there are a lot of us who used build and then stopped for various reasons I took an 18 year break, when I started back there was a lot of new ways to do stuff, and the guys here no matter what background jumped in and brought me up to speed. Not to worry; in a short while you'll have that Chevy looking super. As mentioned before the Tools and Tips forum is superb for catching up, and how to get the best out of kit without the exotic toys. So sit back, and enjoy the ride....you'll have a lot of fun. Let me warn you there are a group of characters that hang out here, pay them no mind just consider them :wacko: . Last but most assuredly not least let me Thank you for your service and sacrifice for the good of the nation :salute::thumbsup: .

Edited by #1 Greywolf

Welcome to the forum! Not much background on car models, myself (though there are two of mine in the stash, and another car and motorcycle "on consignment"), though there are a lot of car builders here that will give you an excellent start. Building models will keep your mind active in problem solving and the dexterity in your fingers strong (so long as arthritis and aging eyes don't intervene). Plus, if there's a local club, you can find some camaraderie there, as well. Are you planning on branching out into other varieties of models? What was your work before retirement, and your experiences in the Navy?

It's actually pretty difficult to destroy a model. Anything can be rebuilt or replaced, so long as you haven't melt it into slag. The "Tools and tips" forum is good for mining information on building techniques. The only "stupid question" is the one that wasn't asked.

Welcome to the boards, and take care!

Thanksfor the welcome. I'm still trying to get set up in my "Man cave." Iretired from the corporate office of a national retail drug store chain. I wasin communications there and

I was in communications in the Navy. My time in was '62 - '68. As to othermodels, I have some war planes here and a the Constellation (1:180) that I wouldlike to

tacklewhen I get a little more experience. Thanks a again for welcoming me aboard. Iwill finish stowing my gear, and get down to work. Hope we talk again soon.

Hello Michael Grayeagle,

Nice to have you on board. :occasion2:/> :post1:/>

welcome to the MADHOUSE :thumbsup2:/>

I am pretty certain that you will find your way around pretty quickly.

There are lots of choices for you to gaze upon..jets, classic aviation, dioramas etc and vehicles and cars and armor.

There are a few experts in the car forums and they will guide you and assist you.check it out... :clap2:/>

And nice to have you ..please have fun as these guys are a great bunch..... :punk:/>

A blood Lenape, How wonderful.. :thank you for your SERVICE.. :salute:/>

Bye for now..look forward to your models :coolio:/>

HOLMES

Thanks for the welcome Holmes. I agree. Enough talk let's take the damn village.

Lenape - huh - Lápi knewëlch

Welcome to the smart end of town, Sir! Thanks to the frenzied creative hot-house that is ARC, I actually managed to complete ONE WHOLE MODEL last year, so I guess anything can happen here...

Have fun!

:post1:/>

ChippyWho – Thanks for the welcome. A whole model? Wow! Welldone, you busy guy, you. Thanks again.

:P/>

Hello Michael...and let me add my :post1:/> , you retired in '68 from the Navy cough..cough, Oh well we all have a cross to bear :D/>/> , but you will not be alone here....there are a lot of those ahh....ummm.....errrr...well folks who thought or think that looking at water for endless hours was a good thing to do, and a few of the god's gift to the US; ex USAF guys :banana:/> :banana:/> :yahoo:/> :yahoo:/> :whistle:/> . You'll find that there are a lot of us who used build and then stopped for various reasons I took an 18 year break, when I started back there was a lot of new ways to do stuff, and the guys here no matter what background jumped in and brought me up to speed. Not to worry; in a short while you'll have that Chevy looking super. As mentioned before the Tools and Tips forum is superb for catching up, and how to get the best out of kit without the exotic toys. So sit back, and enjoy the ride....you'll have a lot of fun. Let me warn you there are a group of characters that hang out here, pay them no mind just consider them :wacko:/> . Last but most assuredly not least let me Thank you for your service and sacrifice for the good of the nation :salute:/> :thumbsup:/> .

#1 Greywolf Thanksfor the welcome. I’m not sure, if you posted this or if you are the one

who edited it before it landed on the server?

Please, you don’t have to feel inferior for being Air Force.Someone has to stay home and watch

the children. :rolleyes:/> Onlykidding. My best friend is ex-Air Force if there ever is an “X†military. I don’t

really think so, but that’s me.