1/48 Kitty Hawk Mirage F.1B

That's a lot of parts for a very small jet. I'd expect a 1/32 kit to be this complex, but seems overkill for 1/48 single engine model, not to mention inflating the price. Of course, that's just my opinion and I am not trying to start a "I'm right you're wrong" debate. I might still get a copy because it's the only reasonable F1 two-seater out there, but I think I'll pass on the single seater when it comes out eventually and just stick with my simpler ESCI/Italeri kits.

Terry

My big concern is that the cockpit is rather lack-luster. The 2 dimensional P/E does not seem to do it justice. Plus... WHERE IS THE THROTTLE???? Also, isn't there supposed to be more details (wiring?) on the front glare-shield?

Let's hope that someone make a resin cockpit for this and the single seat version. These kits are going to need them. I wonder if the Pavla cockpit (for the ESCI/Italeri) will fit the KH single seat version (F.1C?).

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

A lot of spare stores in the box! The instruction sheet shows the option of the 2000 liters fuel tank but the Mirage F1B was not modified to carry it. In the french inventory only the CT and the CR were.

Edited by squezzer

A lot of spare stores in the box! The instruction sheet shows the option of the 2000 liters fuel tank but the Mirage F1B was not modified to carry it. In the french inventory only the CT and the CR were.

CT/CR are/is in the pipeline so all the sprues included in the 1B

will most likely be common to the CT/CR other than the two seat tub

the nose and new PE detail fret.