1/72 DML Ferdinand

This is DML's 1/72 kit# 7202. I normally don't build 1/72 scale amour, but had the kit sitting around on my bench and getting in my way. I was about to throw it out when I looked inside the box and realized that there weren't that many pieces to it. So I decided to glue some of the pieces together and the next thing I know I had it built! So over the course of three evenings I completed the kit. I estimated it took me about 8 hours to complete. The kit built up nicely, but did have an issue with the rubber band tracks as they were too long. I ended up having to cut a few links off and then stapled the track togehter. The staples were then replaced with small strips of plastic stock and glued to th tracks and painted to match the track. Since I built this kit back in May, I decided to get a small wood base from Michaels and painted Black using Krylon pait from Home Depot.

The kit was painted in Tamiya acrylics and weathered with oils and a light dry brushing. Decals were applied with Mico Set and Sol.

Robert

IMGP3907.jpg

IMGP3900.jpg

IMGP3904.jpg

IMGP3908.jpg

FernTiger020.jpg