Where I live there are no hobby shops. At the present price of gas I have no desire to drive a 100 miles in hope that X hobby shop might have what I want. I can’t imagine that I am the only one in this situation, so I want to ask, Where is the best online place to shop? Consider merchandise, price and speed of delivery. Models, paint, general supplies, etc. Any suggestions? Thanks! Grayeagle

Sprue Brothers is the best.

Then there's Squadron

Lucky Model

and any of the Japanese sites

It really all depends on what you're looking for and who has it at the best price. Factor in shipping costs too though when researching.

Or you can find things on ebay/Amazon or in our very own buy and sell forums.

I am in the same boat you are. The closest hobby shop to me is 130 miles. So I do most of my shopping online. Usually I will shop with Spruebrothers.com Their prices are pretty reasonable. They also are very quick to ship items out. I've ordered from them and had the item shipped in 45 minutes. Usually it gets to me in 2-3 days. There is also Squadron.com They tend to have some decent sales from time to time. But shipping is a bit slower. Both are top notch outfits overall.

I am in the same boat you are. The closest hobby shop to me is 130 miles. So I do most of my shopping online. Usually I will shop with Spruebrothers.com Their prices are pretty reasonable. They also are very quick to ship items out. I've ordered from them and had the item shipped in 45 minutes. Usually it gets to me in 2-3 days. There is also Squadron.com They tend to have some decent sales from time to time. But shipping is a bit slower. Both are top notch outfits overall.

Thank you both BigA and Nerding. Sprue Brothers, and Squadron, huh? I will look them up. I’m sure I will learn as I get into this more. Obviously I’ve never heard of either of these. I just saw that there are some guys selling privately on this site. Wasn’t sure how that worked or how WELL that actually worked. Again experience will tell and I appreciate the input.