New F-15 from Eduard

It would be/ would have been nice if there are/ were some Gulf War decals included. Or is that in contradiction to the MSIP era?

I suppose there is as yet no box content available for review (March issue, eh)!?

We only sent our MISIPed jets to the shield, thus rainbow squadron although us in the 71st worked 94th and 27th jets.

I hope they are not using the Academy kit, like putting lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig!

interesting. Hannants will have it for about $73 USD

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/EDK1176?&currency_id=2&pricer=1

the Academy MSIP release has many of that stuff already, though Eduard says PE for the exhaust.

I am curious about the entire decal sheet options

Same here, cannot see me needing the package deal they put together unless it had decals i really need. Something like say one of the 94ths flagship/billboard etc, LOL.

Unless I found one at a good price, that is.

Edited by Wayne S

We only sent our MISIPed jets to the shield, thus rainbow squadron although us in the 71st worked 94th and 27th jets.

I hope they are not using the Academy kit, like putting lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig!

Well said sir "lipstick on a pig, (makes it) still a pig" describes this

abomination to a "T"

However the pig will always have the advantage over this kit as you can get

some nice pork chops and a bacon sandwich from a pig both of which are more

satisfying than this kit could ever be no mater how you "dress it up".

Well said sir "lipstick on a pig, (makes it) still a pig" describes this

abomination to a "T"

However the pig will always have the advantage over this kit as you can get

some nice pork chops and a bacon sandwich from a pig both of which are more

satisfying than this kit could ever be no mater how you "dress it up".

You can have porch chops and a bacon sandwich, ill take the kit.

The other pig that Olds likes, does not come with any trimmings, all it has for modeling purposes from a newer F-15 standpoint is the pigskin.

Edited by Wayne S

Although a pain to play with it still has the most overall accurate outline.

Academy's kit is far from accurate, might have been best to add all the goody's to the Hasegawa kit and called it Eduard.

:)/>

I love the Hasa kit, tho "to me" it is more of a pain to work with then the Acad, Acad has better options with the intakes etc.

From a price point, the Hase kit would cost a bit of cash. Then again they make all the goodies for either kit, tho at this time one could have two acads for the price of the hase.

When building multiples those type of things come into play "with me" anyhow. Right now the Acad F-15C MSIP II is my go to kit for building todays birds.

Your fav is my go to kit for F-15As around 1994 and under.

I love the Hasa kit, tho "to me" it is more of a pain to work with then the Acad, Acad has better options with the intakes etc.

From a price point, the Hase kit would cost a bit of cash. Then again they make all the goodies for either kit, tho at this time one could have two acads for the price of the hase.

When building multiples those type of things come into play "with me" anyhow. Right now the Acad F-15C MSIP II is my go to kit for building todays birds.

Your fav is my go to kit for F-15As around 1994 and under.

I guess if you want to go with inaccuracy , yes it would be the way to go. You get what you pay for in quality....

Goes back to putting lipstick on a pigs arse, it still a pigs arse.....

Can anyone give me a run down of the external changes involved in MSIP I and MSIP II? Are all the changes easily grafted onto the Hasagawa kit, or do i need to do some major surgery to the fit's plastic?

Thanks

Majority would be internal, wiring and such. External would be ..

MISIP: armament control panel changed from anologe to digital screen, ICMS boxes in Bay 5 changed to 3 ballast 1 Amp and black box, consol minor changes HUD combining glass and hud had mods over the years, but not noticeable in 1/48.

External Ant. Changes: depending on what equipment was installed , tail stinger Ant. And the wart on the upper nose.

MISIPII was mostly internal upgrade of avionics and such

All depends on time frame , tail number and where it is stationed.

I guess if you want to go with inaccuracy , yes it would be the way to go. You get what you pay for in quality....

Goes back to putting lipstick on a pigs arse, it still a pigs arse.....

Every single kit has inaccuracies bud that is reality. This I can say with certainty, "out of box" The Academy MSIP can accurately represent a "modern day" F-15C more so then the Monogram F-15A/C can.

Which is why people buy said kit.

Can anyone give me a run down of the external changes involved in MSIP I and MSIP II? Are all the changes easily grafted onto the Hasagawa kit, or do i need to do some major surgery to the fit's plastic?

Thanks

MSIP stands for Multi-Stage Improvement Program, it has really nothing to do with a certain type of aircraft.

People missus the terms MSIP I and MSIP II when it comes to the F-15A/C. In a nutshell, at one time the Government was going to fund two programs, One for the F-15A designated MSIP I (Multi-Stage Improvement Program one) and one for the F-15C designated MSIP II (Multi-Stage Improvement Program Two). This happened on paper only, the idea was scraped. What did happen was the F-15 MSIP.

The last F-15C's to leave the factory were MSIP aircraft. All the doodads we see today technically had/have nothing to do with it.

I guess the answer to your question would depend on the timeline of the aircraft you want to model.

Every single kit has inaccuracies bud that is reality. This I can say with certainty, "out of box" The Academy MSIP can accurately represent a "modern day" F-15C more so then the Monogram F-15A/C can.

Which is why people buy said kit.

No F-15 I have worked on had a Speedbrake sitting in a well.(this is a common mistake made, even on the Hasegawa)

No F-15 i have worked on had the fairing behind the speebrake sticking up in a point like the Academy kit has, please take a look at the Revell mudhen, that is how the backbone looks on the real thing.

JFS/CGB intakes and Exhaust are in the wrong place.

Panels are not engraved correctly, panels are in places they shouldn't and noe where they should.

Panel lines around the pitot probes are in realitiy a dirt mark from the pitot covers.

Intakes are an abomination in the fit area with a major gap? You can but seamless intakes to make it more accurate?

Comm Panel under the #1 intake is in the wrong place for a C model.

Serviceing panels are engraved wrong on 85L/R and engine bay panels.

The Engine humps are misshappen, they should be smooother in their transition with the upper fuselage

Every model has inaccuracies, I agree with you but when they make the jet looked F-15 Challenged then I will avoid it.

Take a look at the ProMonoVell Mudhen and compare, they got it overall correct.

People on these forums always ask "What is the most Acurrate?" "How can I make it accurate?", speniding their hard earned cash to purchase after market to make their masterpieces "More Accurate", if i am going to spend my cash on a kit it especially with how much Eduard will be charging for an Academy F-15 with goodies to make it more "Accurate" (Theres That word again) Then they should have an accurate base kit to work from.

No offense meant but check most of the posts on these forum's and people ask what is the most accurate not what is the cheapest?

The F-15 is near and dear to my heart having spent more time with it then my family for 20 years.

When you purchase books like Jakes on the F-15, what are you looking for? Inaccuracies or accuracies in the details on your kit? That is why people like Jake come to me and others like me to help write their books about the jets so you get the most accurate information on that aircraft so whether your a historian or a model builder you can make your kits better and more accurate with that information.

Thats just my point.

Cheers

Dave

MSIP stands for Multi-Stage Improvement Program, it has really nothing to do with a certain type of aircraft.

People missus the terms MSIP I and MSIP II when it comes to the F-15A/C. In a nutshell, at one time the Government was going to fund two programs, One for the F-15A designated MSIP I (Multi-Stage Improvement Program one) and one for the F-15C designated MSIP II (Multi-Stage Improvement Program Two). This happened on paper only, the idea was scraped. What did happen was the F-15 MSIP.

The last F-15C's to leave the factory were MSIP aircraft. All the doodads we see today technically had/have nothing to do with it.

I guess the answer to your question would depend on the timeline of the aircraft you want to model.

The intial mods took place at Depot on active F-15's according to a schedule, but if parts were lacking at the depot whether Robbins or Kim Hae then this part of MISIP will take place at a later date.

Most of the MISIP mods took place over years, at the time the A models were being relagated to ADC and Gaurd untis so Active C models got the first call on parts.

As what has been said over and over again depends on Airframe, timeframe and the base stationed, my Jet at Langley was MISIPed for Desert Storm but when I arrived at Kadena my Jet was returning from Kim Hae after being MISIPed.

All jets through their career will go through MODs, MISIP was just another of those.

As to External changesz, all depends on Airframe, TimeFrame and the Base stationed to fit in the scheduling of their aircraft and priorities.

Majority would be internal, wiring and such. External would be ..

MISIP: armament control panel changed from anologe to digital screen, ICMS boxes in Bay 5 changed to 3 ballast 1 Amp and black box, consol minor changes HUD combining glass and hud had mods over the years, but not noticeable in 1/48.

External Ant. Changes: depending on what equipment was installed , tail stinger Ant. And the wart on the upper nose.

MISIPII was mostly internal upgrade of avionics and such

All depends on time frame , tail number and where it is stationed.

Just to add....

The tail stinger can be round or chiseled

The A/B has a split rear formation light panel on the left side

6620865179_238c39d39b_b.jpg

C/D has solid on left

6819463118_7aeff47edb_b.jpg

Whereas the C/D has it on the right side

6267211586_8f31fb00dd_b.jpg

and A/B right side is solid

6617103797_053385e3ab_b.jpg

The C has the wart on the bottom of the forward fusleage in addition to the top, I have not seen a D with either warts on top of bottom

6147901503_c1c2f1d424_b.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

updated on their site

http://www.eduard.com/store/Eduard/Plastic-kits/Limited-edition/Aircraft/1-48/Fighting-Eagle-1-48.html?utm_source=eshop&utm_medium=banner&utm_content=570x300%231&utm_campaign=1176-EN

Marking options:

C Series, s/n 78-0547, Flown by Col. Jeff Silver, CO of 137th Fighter Wing, Oregon Air National Guard, Kingsley Field, 2012 (SHOULD BE 173rd FW)

C-25-MC Series, s/n 76-0053, Flown by Lt.Col. Jack Fry, CO of 53rd TFS, Bitburg AFB, Germany, Early Eighties (C? serial would indicate an A)

A Series, s/n 76-0111, Flown by Lt.Col. John Kugler, CO of 318th FIS, Castle AFB, October, 1988

C-24-MC Series, s/n 79-0032, Flown by Col. Lee Alton, CO of 32nd TFS, Soesterberg AB, the Netherlands, Late Eighties

2 of those are A models. and require different wheels, not sure this covers it:

The Eduard Brassin accessories covers the pilot’s seat, engines exhausts and wheels.

$99.95 USD, or if a member you get 15% off $84.96

Edited by Ken Middleton

Marking options:

C-25-MC Series, s/n 76-0053, Flown by Lt.Col. Jack Fry, CO of 53rd TFS, Bitburg AFB, Germany, Early Eighties (C? serial would indicate an A)

F-15A 76-0053 was written off in 78. Decals should be of 75-0053, Was painted like that for the 1981 Tiger meet.

F-15A 76-0053 was written off in 78. Decals should be of 75-0053, Was painted like that for the 1981 Tiger meet.

And the 318th was never based at Castle. They (Eduard) may have worked off of pics taken there, but they were based at McChord AFB, Washington.

Aaron

Edited by strikeeagle801