CD72093 - 1/72 C-46 Commando

Just now, Corey said:

Awesome! Thanks Corey, Scott is the best, I buy a lot of stuff from him. I wish he's open a webstore though! I hate giving Ebay a cut of his sales. 

That IS the webstore! Yes, it is eBay, but you can have an eBay webstore! I don't know the technicalities, but Scott's store has been there a long time. I order from them once every month or so, and they always refund me some of the shipping charges on a combined order.

Interesting that the Valom kit markings represent a C-46 that is illustrated in the old Squadron/Signal "in action" book on the Commando, and it is EXACTLY the subject I made my Williams Brothers' kit into using yellow lettering decal sheets:

WBC-46A.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Kursad,

Quick question. Did you print a silver rectangular background for the tail serial on "BALOFIA!"?  Just curious.  I think I can mask the silver background for the wing last three, but the tail will be tough in 1/144.

K/r,

Dutch

Edited by Dutch
23 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Kursad,

Quick question. Did you print a silver rectangular background for the tail serial on "BALOFIA!"?  Just curious.  I think I can mask the silver background for the wing last three, but he tail will be tough in 1/144.

K/r,

Dutch

Not on this 1/72 scale sheet - when I eventually scale this down to 1/144 I will make sure the serial number has a silver background.

• 1 year later...

Hi guys,

I'm considering getting CD72093 in order to build something like this https://www.airhistory.net/photo/641107/43-48616/348616

Could a kind soul mesure the size of the yellow "UNITED STATES AIR FORCE" and "USAF" markings? I'm wondering if they could be used on a C-47.

Thanks in advance for your help! 

Edited by cpoud117
Bad english

Thanks Dutch,

The issue is that the C-47 is already underway and I know myself, if I put it on the back burner waiting for decals, I'm pretty sure it's going to kill my mojo for the build.

I'd still highly appreciate a quick size check on those markings. If they fit, I really don't mind buying a pair of C-46 sheets if it gets the project accross the finish line 🙂