why is there dateing adds on the home page

I know running this free site costs and spouncers money is the only income. but this was a clean site, dont get me wrong

the girls look good but when my wife and kids ask about it. what type of models are you looking at. Is that why you spend so much on that site. what got my wife question the site is when my five year old annouced "Dad I see her boobee's .

So I can only check the site out after he's in bed. I know the grils are not nude just top views butt he didn't know the difference. Sorry just eventing,

Edited by dean spirkoff

Dean,

It's GOOGLE ..The adverts are placed automatically by Google randomly and what you see is not always what I see.. Each person gets to see different adverts...

To assist you in what to do with them and deal with them , it is possible that if you have google chrome, then to switch that off..

However there are similar threads like yours from a while back.. So if you search ARC. Under forums by putting on the word " Adverts" in the search box on this page , you will get to read and see what others have said...

Look at the thread that says " ugly Asian women keep popping up" and in there there is so e good advice on how to get rid...

But you can check any of those threads that will come up when you search and most are quite informative..

Good luck.. Oh and one of those pop up blockers might be worth looking at..

Best of luck. :blink: :wacko:

My wife questioned me about that at one time. First thing out of her mouth was "I see you been visiting ********* sites". Of course I haven't.....at least not on this computer! :whistle: Its like most have noted, its a Google thing, when you type in your searches, if you type in model(s), Google thinks you need a date. I been doing a lot of car part searching lately and the only thing I been seeing are Auto Part advertising. Look for a specific car and you get Cheverolet and Ford adds to.

Robert

:D, Even when I'm searching for old Pontiac parts for my future resto project I still get up to date Ford, Chev, and other car and parts ads. Sheeesh, you'd think they could at least give me ads for dealers dealing in old Pontiac parts seeing that's what I'm searching for.

:cheers:,

Ross.

Yes...it's all in the keywords you use when you do a search on Google. For instance, I have been spending a lot of time lately searching images for 1960, 1961 and 1962 Chevy Impalas for a model car I'm building. And now all the adverts I see on the page are for Chevrolet cars!

So if you use the word "model" in a search, Google interprets that as a human model not a plastic scale model, so that's what you get...

Edited by terrysumner

I retired as a civilian technician for the Kansas National Guard a few years ago and they would not allow you to go to certain sites when using the in house web. If an address had the word model in it, the system wouldn't let you go there. (I could get into ARC fine - couldn't get into Fine Scale Modeler!). And don't think you are going to check the results for that lottery ticket you bought last night - another banned site.

If a keyword for ARC is "Modeling", or for Pontiac car parts is "Automotive" then this kind of ad will be picked by default, or based on your stored cookies.

You guys are thinking way too complicated!

I agree that ads are the only way to get money for running this website, I even would be happy to pay a small fee for member access. But I am not sure if Steve would have to set up a business and deal with taxes on the income then. I am not familiar with canadian tax law.

Edited by Lancer512

So is the reason "models" triggers dating sites because of the female type bikini model meaning, or because they know a modeling web site is chock full of guys - some of whom might want to "view singles in your area"?

I get a laugh out of these sites. Some of them purport to show me singles from my area, but I know for a fact that nobody in the area I live speaks a word of English - yet all these "local singles" seem to have English-sounding names and have English messages associated with them. Is it possible we are being misled? :rolleyes:

ALF

So is the reason "models" triggers dating sites because of the female type bikini model meaning, or because they know a modeling web site is chock full of guys - some of whom might want to "view singles in your area"?

I get a laugh out of these sites. Some of them purport to show me singles from my area, but I know for a fact that nobody in the area I live speaks a word of English - yet all these "local singles" seem to have English-sounding names and have English messages associated with them. Is it possible we are being misled? :rolleyes:/>

ALF

It's all a generic banner ad to have good looking models on it to lure one into the site. I too have noticed now these ads have women with more cleavage showing. It just like tv ads with the old adage "sex sells". I ignore the ads or use an ad blocker and for tv thank you to the creator of the pvr.

I'm in the UK - and keep getting ads for 'Rebecca' - who apparently lives only 3 miles away ! :woot.gif:

Trouble is, in each ad, she appears to be a different 'mature' woman.

First off, I haven't searched for 'mature women' or any dating sites - and secondly, how do they know that I am 'mature' ???

Even more bizarre is the pop up ads for British Army and RAF recruitment - 'Recruiting Now' they say, 'To Live a Challenging Life, Click Here' says the banner .

But I know personally army personnel who are being handed redundancy notices as I type !!!

Ads for recruiting on one hand, guys being made redundant on the other - it doesn't make any sense.

Not that it ever did.....

Ken

I've made the same type of thread, I hate it when all the hooker adds pop-up when my wife and kids are around. For a short while they changed to ads that I could deal with. But they have reverted back to the hooker type ads.

I've made the same type of thread, I hate it when all the hooker adds pop-up when my wife and kids are around. For a short while they changed to ads that I could deal with. But they have reverted back to the hooker type ads.

You need to stop googling Chinooks. :cheers:

The adverts are placed automatically by Google randomly

Nothing Google does is random, trust me. They spend millions developing algorithms to tailor the ads everyone sees based on cookies, etc, etc.

I browsed the net for roof rack systems for my Honda Fit a few weeks ago, and that's about the only ads I see on ARC now.

Edited by Jennings

I mentioned to a friend of mine that dating ads appear frequently on one of my modeling sites. I said it was because it assumed 'models' meant pretty young females, not plastic replicas. But then I thought, maybe they figure if build models, you probably need a dating site... :D