Grumman Iron Works Group Build Proposal

57 members have voted

1. 1. What say you to a Grumman Iron Works GB?

• Count me in!
    • No. What can I say, I just don't get it

• 3 weeks later...

I have a X-29 plus a few Cats and a Prowler.

The moderating is not as much of a big thing as you think. I'm doing my first one now and once you pick a model fpr a guide on how you want to format it your set. You just need to police things for the potential issue and keep things movin in there.

further to my earlier post, I will be in, most likely with:

E-2

C-2

Avenger

and maybe another EA-6B

That will be pretty much all the Gumman models in the stash. You can add the albatros and the trcker to the list if they are in my hands by the time this starts up. i will have a TON of new shelf space n my new house to fill up :thumbsup::banana::yahoo:

Sean

Haha let the fun begin on July 1st then :)

Just got myself a couple of Hawkeyes in addition to the stash of Tomcats, will have to make a choice (Or not ;) but probably so considering how slow a builder I am :()

Arnaud

• 1 month later...

Would the EF-111A be a contender??

Well, Grumman was the prime contractor for the EF-111A conversion from the F-111A, and I do recall engineers I worked with in Bethpage would talk about the aircraft, so I would have to say that qualifies.

Well, Grumman was the prime contractor for the EF-111A conversion from the F-111A, and I do recall engineers I worked with in Bethpage would talk about the aircraft, so I would have to say that qualifies.

Looks like ill have to email Emil over at Skyway Models to send me that 1/32 Raven he has on the shelf. :bandhead2::rolleyes:

Grumman also built light aircraft for a while, like this "Alley Cat" of mine.

Yes, they did! It would be really cool if some of their light aircraft were built! :whistle:

I'm perfectly happy with an FM or TBM--they were Grumman aircraft built by GM. Not really that different from Grumman's light aircraft. I have the 1/48 Academy nee AM TBM-3 as well as the LSM Firebomber conversion and Draw Decal's Hemet Firebomber decals. I'll probably do an F4F-4, F6F-5, and TBF-1C for the build.

Scratch-built in 1:32 scale from drawings and measurements of the real thing. Fully electrified with all lights, motor and sound

Very nice! :thumbsup:

And congratulations on the 1st-place!

• 2 months later...

I just found out this

lives about an hour away, so I think I'll be building a 1/72 Special Hobby F3F-2.

I didn't know there were any left in flying condition, so finding out there is one in my local area is extra cool.

I already have an F3F-3 in USMC markings though, so won't be doing this particular aircraft.

Edited by Aaronw