Grumman Iron Works Group Build Proposal

57 members have voted

1. 1. What say you to a Grumman Iron Works GB?

• Count me in!
    • No. What can I say, I just don't get it

I'm in with an Eduard Hellcat, it's been a long time since I've been part of a GB. I'll be building this on OOB, but as its a beautiful kit with PE included, there isn't much sprucing up to do. I'll be in and out of town on a regular basis for work, but should have enough time to make it happen.

Bill

I've got a bunch of banners already--I went a little banner happy--they're here...

The GB rules say banners have a max size of 750x150

I happy to see more! PM me with links to your images.

Edited by David N Lombard

How do you add a banner, I'm computer dumb:)

You save the banner you want into your photo hosting site (Photobucket, Fokti etc) then copy the link like you would for posting a photo. Instead of pasting the link into a post like you would post a photo, you go into your profile and paste the link into your signature block.

This will be my first group build and I'm in with Revell's EA-6A and a resin cockpit from Verlinden, I've also been looking around for a resonably priced Wolfpack wing fold set, I'll have to wait and see about that.

Don't expect to make it on the deadline, but call me supportive of the cause.

As Chief Styert (Ving Rhames) would say...

"LAUNCH THE INTRUDER!!!"

Speaking of, David, would you mind if I picked your brain on a few Intruder/Prowler/Tomcat questions? Grumman Historical Center never replied to my request for ideas about finding diagrams for VEP, A-6F and Tomcat 21.

Count me in for at least one project. AMT's Grumman F7F-3N Tigercat, with CE's update set, folding wing set and Aeromaster decals in 48th scale. First GB to participate on this year.

Chuck

Fly Navy

A6E_F14_E2C_zpsf721c901.png

The group build starts tomorrow as planned. But, I'm told the forum topic won't be available until Tuesday, July 2.

With that, I'm re-posting the rules here. Until the topic is up, please make a quick note in this thread of what you're starting.

Phantom, please don't post a completed build until the real topics are up. :P/>

Grumman Iron Works Group Build

Dates: July 1, 2013 through December 31, 2013

Mods: David N Lombard (me), and xavi84

Included subjects: Any military or civil aircraft, spacecraft, truck, or boat that was built, at least as a prototype, and carried the Grumman name. Gulfstream, Grumman American, and the Ag Cat are on-topic, as are the FM and TBM. The EF-111A Sparkvark is also on-topic as Grumman was the prime contractor for the conversion. Northrup-Grumman and Flxible Bus are explicitly off-topic.

Banners are available here.

There will be a raffle, one entry per completed build. More on this later.

Edited by David N Lombard

I'm finding I have quite a few options for this. I'm fresh off a Boeing F4B-4 and still feeling the yellow wing thing, so I believe I will begin with a 1/72 Special Hobby Grumman F3F-3.

Make sure to take the usual "this is what I'm starting from" photos so you can properly post your build threads once the GB forum is up.

I'm still deciding. :whistle:

I'm in with what I'll call my "Wildcat Project"

Basically, a variety of 1/72 Wildcat kits that I have in the stash:

Hasegawa F4F-4

Hasegawa F4F-4 which I will convert to a -3

Hasegawa FM-1

Dragon F4F-4 which I will build with folded wings

Airfix FM-2

Academy F4F-4

AMC F4F-3S Wildcatfish

Revell F4F-4

Hobby Boss F4F-4 (Easy Assembly Kit)

Admiral F4F-3

Admiral F4F-3P

Sword FM-2

So, basically five F4F-4, two F4F-3, one F4F-3S, one F4F-3P, two FM-2, and one FM-1

:cheers:

Mike