Long shot.. Looking for F-14 with Canadian Roundel or Flag...

Salut Yves,

I remember that before Canadian gov. bought the F-18 's ,there has been an offer made to them wich was a combination of F-14's and F-16's (total of 72 aircrafts)because under Mr.Reagan presidency they had stop delivering F-14's to the Iranian defense and were looking for new customer for those aircrafts. To embodied this, while I was working for Pratt&Withney Canada between 86-90, a coworker of mine had on his toolbox a Tomcat logo sticker : The cat with his elbow on a Canadian roundel.

My guest would be to write directly to Grumman's public relations desk (wich is owned by another company now If I'm correct) and ask them as a modeler to send you some historical pics of the promotional flight aircraft (demo).

Good luck in your search,

Michel

PS: I wish we had Tomcats too in those years..!!

There is a photo of an early Tomcat with standard USN markings apart from the port tail which had a Canadian flag and the word Tomcat. Have it in a book, could not find it on the interweb yet.

That is exactly the sticker I remember seeing !! good job Yves its a start !

Send me a pm and let me know in wich dept you work at P&W..

also found this:http://www.anft.net/f-14/f14-history-f14a-export.htm

Edited by mplkd

Looking for photos of the aircraft used by Grumman as a demo, I remember aa insignia with a Tomcat and a Canadian roundel... Anyone ??

PM me your Email address, I have a profile from an old RT, and a magazine photo(Wings 1978)

Tony

Eric I remember seeing that pic in an old pamphlet my dad had from the fighter selection of that time period, if I remember correctly it was in competition with the F-14,-16, -18, M2000, and Tornado for Canada's next top fighter(had to throw in the crappy tv show refrence lol), and of course we all know who won. If I'm not mistaken the US also tried to off load the A-7s destined for Pakistan before Portugal picked them up(think it was Portugal or was it Greece?). To be honest there's a lot of WHIF models to be made of Canadian could've beens lol.

• 3 weeks later...