Great work on this little Freedom Fighter! :thumbsup:

This is a bird with a truly unique history: a former Imperial Iranian AF F-5A transferred to the Royal Jordanian AF during the early 1970s, then to the Hellenic AF during the 1980s. Classic Iranian Asia Minor camo, but with replacement wings from another F-5A wearing the Aegean Blue scheme. :woot.gif:

Sweeet!

Greeeetings to you all!!!

Let's start with a picture of the actual aircraft...

4-2.jpg

and as Diego was paying attention to his history class, he covered me completly. I like building "different" aircraft and as the F-5 is very popular with the Greek modelers, I was planning for an ex-Jordanian or an Aegean blue camo aircraft, the combination of "both" was the answer to my modelling wish. Thank God the actual aircraft has been photographed by many Greek modelers that helped me get an idea of the looks of it. The difficult part with the presentation of this camo was the weathered "look". No preshading or postshading was applied, just the camo colours adding a looot of white to make them lighter and finaly "chipping" using what else...salt.

I am not "happy" with the base, I wanted to represent "high" dried grass and I thought brush bristles were good...ok, good but not good enough. Never mind, next time it will be better.

This is really a fantastic looking dio! I agree on the grass looking a little out of scale. Dont feel bad though, I have done the exact same thing and thought that it would look finer than it did.

I have never used this stuff, too expensive. But it is supposed to be really, really good.

My link

Edited by compressorman

I LOVE IT!

The sunset lighting, the grass field, the faded paint job, the opened panels, the bird "presents",....It's simply astonishing!

I would love to see in-progress pictures of the diorama, if you have any...

/Kristian

Ok...ok...ok...thanks for your kind comments boys, I alredy feel much taller.

Now the truth is...it was'nt hard work. The Kinetic kit was a"shake & bake" kit and all its faults were easy to correct. The camo was done in a different than the usual way, I didn't preshade as I usually do, all the colours were lightened a lot and the camo was applied with in "thin strips" so that in some places you can see the colour underneath. A combo of oil washes and pastels gave the final look. Now the diorama base, is just a mix of white glue, acrylic polyfiller, "toilet paper", brown colour and sand! In top of it I sprinkle anything from brown to green "grass" and finally I added the "brush bristles"...thas all...!