Academy 1:32 F/A-18A+

Finally able to slide a build in from my personal stash to work in the rotation of commission work I got going on. Figured I may as well go big. :)

20130204_175311_zps0acdb69f.jpg

This will be OOB, as it looks pretty incredible as is and i already dropped enough cash just to get the kit. 38 page instruction manual is pretty daunting but skimming through it I've noticed that its all good. Shouldn't be too many hiccups. I've heard some say there's minor issues others say its all about building skill. I suppose well see what happens as we go. Ill be posting pretty regular updates as time to work in this beast permits. Looking forward to this one.

Made some small headway on the seats this evening before work. Lot of pieces so progress is slow but they're coming together nice.

20130204_210237_zps9a2e3737.jpg

Cleaning up the basic pieces for install.

20130204_233814_zps21b72a59.jpg

Got the seats painted flat black and a quick coat of future do give them a bit of a darker appearance and also so i can do some wash detail. Painted the cushions armor sand, washed with thin black and then sprayed a mist coat of olive drab over the dried sludge appearance to give it some depth. Also painted the tops of the seats in a similar fashion and masked and taped the headrest restraints dark green. I will tackle the belts and buckles tomorrow as well as touching up some areas with grave and silvers as oppose to dry brushing which I'm start I.g to find leaves too much of a dusty uneven look. So I'm going to attempt precision weathering and detailing on the seats, as i feel they should remain more of a dark black..even with slight wear and tear evident on them. I'm hoping to get more of this knocked out soon. I'm almost finished with one of my two commission projects and may just take a break from commission work once finished with that to free up some time to really dedicate to this project. Looking forward to doing some real handy work with the air and paint brush on this one as far as detailing goes.

I definitely recommend it. This kit looks solid just from thumbing through the sprues. A whole lot of engineering going on in the build but I don't see any of it as unnecessary. As for the group build I thought they said Hornets would be a no go since they didn't originate from Boeing.

I definitely recommend it. This kit looks solid just from thumbing through the sprues. A whole lot of engineering going on in the build but I don't see any of it as unnecessary. As for the group build I thought they said Hornets would be a no go since they didn't originate from Boeing.

That's for the Boeing GB. The Yes, size DOES matter GB is different and for large scale subjects. I am in it with a 1/32 scale Revell Tomcat.

BTW, I finally got a chance to use the Badger patriot I got from you. Love it! Soooo much easier to use and especially clean than my Master G23.

Denis