Managed to score this kit during squadron.com's Mystery Deal a few weeks ago, and figure what better time to work it than now. I'll be doing it straight OOB since it looks really nice as is, and the joy of getting it so cheap is not having to buy any additional items for it. So, that's that!! This is my first group build, so if there's any basic guidelines that I haven't already kind of picked up on, I'd be grateful for comments or suggestions on how this usually rolls. Thanks.

20130206_075128_zps741d4121.jpg

20130206_075100_zps78772e22.jpg

Quick update on the seats. Sadly im still m ot done qirh what im trying to achieve and this was two days worth if input. Lol. I am liking the flexibility to detail though. More to come soon. Probably spend today on commission work as im behind on a few orders but I may slide some time for these as well.

Welcome to the GB. I'll be watching this one. If you have any Hornet-specific questions, I can answer them for you - I know a lot about these aircraft. I have the same kit, which I will be building eventually as a Canadian upgraded CF-18A+.

I'm curious - why two seats? Is this not a single-seat kit?

ALF

This is a single seat kit. Ive been trying various tactics on each to see how they come out. You can see ones got a bit more detail than the other as im leaning towards that one being my kit seat. I figure if ive got the spare to use may as well do some tinkering. Worstcase scenario in the end I could send it to someone to use on their kit if a spare is required.

Thanks for the hornet info. I worked E model Supers for a few years but legacies are a bit different.

This is a single seat kit. Ive been trying various tactics on each to see how they come out. You can see ones got a bit more detail than the other as im leaning towards that one being my kit seat. I figure if ive got the spare to use may as well do some tinkering. Worstcase scenario in the end I could send it to someone to use on their kit if a spare is required.

Thanks for the hornet info. I worked E model Supers for a few years but legacies are a bit different.

Understood for the seats. I like to work on them independently of the rest of the kit; since I install them at the very end, I can tackle them any time when stalled or waiting for something else to dry or set. Good idea to experiment on the second one.

There are definitely a lot of similarities between the E and A+, but some subtle differences as well. I know less about the Supers, but I can tell you what looks right on the legacies.

ALF