Zotz just put out a sheet in 1/48 of the Texas and VA ANG F-105s

The Texas ANG never operated F-105s, but there was an AFRES unit from Carswell AFB that flew F-105D/F, along with the modified "Thunderstick" version.

The only ANG units that flew the Thunderchief are....

121st TFS, DC ANG (F-105D/F)

127th TFTS, Kansas ANG (F-105D/F)

128th TFS Georgia ANG (F-105F/G)

141st TFS New Jersey ANG (F-105B/F)

149th TFS Virginia ANG (F-105D/F)

And very dull markings as I recall , although the VA guard did have some Vietnam artwork on their birds.

New Jersey's 141st TFS began recieving thier F-105B's in 1964 in NMF. They were painted in SEA camo a few years later.

The Texas ANG never operated F-105s, but there was an AFRES unit from Carswell AFB that flew F-105D/F, along with the modified "Thunderstick" version.

The only ANG units that flew the Thunderchief are....

121st TFS, DC ANG (F-105D/F)

127th TFTS, Kansas ANG (F-105D/F)

128th TFS Georgia ANG (F-105F/G)

141st TFS New Jersey ANG (F-105B/F)

149th TFS Virginia ANG (F-105D/F)

Don't forget NJ's 119th also flew the B model Thud for a few years between F-100's and F-106's....

Corey

Don't forget NJ's 119th also flew the B model Thud for a few years between F-100's and F-106's....

Corey

Yeah, I missed that, they had them 1970-1973. I just haven't been able to find pictures of them.

Yeah, I missed that, they had them 1970-1973. I just haven't been able to find pictures of them.

I come across pictures of 119th F-105's every once in a while, but you're not missing much, nothing too special....

• 1 year later...

I come across pictures of 119th F-105's every once in a while, but you're not missing much, nothing too special....

Ouch....Corey - that hurts! LOL.... my old man flew the Thuds in the 119th! To him, they were everything!

Irv

I will take a look at the Francillon book and see what kind of possibilities are out there. I have enough potential subjects to keep me occupied until Fall at least, but I am not ruling out an F-105 sheet.

Edited by KursadA

Ouch....Corey - that hurts! LOL.... my old man flew the Thuds in the 119th! To him, they were everything!

Irv

oooh, sorry....the 119th was/is a great unit and the Thud was a great airplane....no offense intended...

Corey