Hobbit 777 & LotR 747-400

I found decals to do these 2 a/c but they are 1/200 instead of the 1/144 that I'd like.

They are listed on the modelarstwoalexander site. Does anyone know how to contact him? The site says to go to the member area, but there isn't one that I can find. I wanted to see if there were plans to offer them in 1/144.

I've been trying to decide on the scheme for the 744 I'm working on, and I'd absolutely do this 744 w/o a doubt if I could get decals for it.

Doesn't appear I'm gonna get much response to this, but I don't think it matters much.

After doing some searching, it appears this same guy ran Gio Decals and Brazil Decals, both of which apparently had horrible reps and continues to have a horrible rep w/ the present incarnation.

That really sucks, b/c these schemes are really cool. I found out through Google that there's actually 2 744 LotR schemes, and then the 773 Hobbit scheme. I'd almost be tempted to try making them myself, but I lack the skills and the software to do it, and as busy as these are, I'm sure these are far from ideal for first time attempts.

Hi Adam,

After reading your post, I took a look as well and found plenty of criticism of this guy. It's a real shame as he has some really terrific liveries and I would do the Air New Zealand A320, All Blacks Crazy about Rugby scheme in a heart beat!

On his website http://modelarstwoalexander.auctivacommerce.com/, you can go to "LOGIN" and create an account. But going on the negative comments about service, follow up and not receiving what was ordered, I'm reluctant to part that easily with my money!

If you find anything out about getting these easily, would you keep me in mind.

Cheers,

Jarrod

Edited by Commander Botha

I created an account to try emailing him, but then I couldnt find the members area that the contact page says to go to, to contact him.

I've decided that what I'm going to do is gather all the reference images I can get my hands on, and start looking for the corresponding images from the movies, and then down the road, if I'm ever in a position to make them myself, or have something do them for me, I'll have all the info that I need to do it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Adam

This link may interest you regarding the 1:144 scale Lord of the Rings 747-400 , he now has it in 1:144 scale , it is upto you weather you want to order off him i have received all orders so far off him

http://modelarstwoalexander.auctivacommerce.com/Silk-screen-decal-for-Air-New-Zealand-Boeing-747-400-in-scale-1144-P3046515.aspx

Richard

Oh wow. I was hoping maybe he'd release that in 1/144.

I've thought about trying it using paypal, so that I had an option if the deal went south.

I will definitely keep an eye on his site, to see if he releases the 777 scheme as well.

I'm the guy who started the thread on this over at airlinercafe. I'd been burned by Brasil in the past, and I waned feedback on whether this new guy was legit. It seems that some people get their decals, while others don't. In other words, their bad behavior - no matter what name they're using - hasn't changed. If you take the chance to order from them, maybe just do one or two sheets so you won't lose much if your order doesn't arrive. A general pattern seems to be that people get their first order - eventually - but not their second. This may indicate a "suck them in," type of a scam where a buyer is satisfied with their first order, so they go for a larger order the second time, which never gets delivered.

What's odd is that some people always seem to get their orders, while others don't. I'm still owed an Air Asia X Raiders Airbus decal from their Ebay days, so I'm not exactly an unbiased source, admittedly.

Anyway, as long as you go into the Gio/Brasil thing with your eyes open and don't risk much, you may not get burned. If you do, well, fair warning given. The sad thing is that Gio/Brasil makes some very nice decals. If they ran their business properly, they'd almost certainly do much better business than they do now.

Yea, I found the thread on ALC about this site while I was trying to figure out its reputation, which has made me very wary about whether I want to order or not. I'd love to get the decals, but its a fair bit of money on my extremely tight budget to run the risk of loosing. If I were to do it, I'd absolutely do it using PayPal so that I had dispute resolution.

• 1 month later...

Strange request maybe, but i cannot log in to my account on his site anymore, and i have no way of contacting him regarding my order.

Could someone of you guys shoot him a message to contact me for checking back on my order? I can send you my mail adress via PM

Edited by ChrisRRR

Strange request maybe, but i cannot log in to my account on his site anymore, and i have no way of contacting him regarding my order.

Could someone of you guys shoot him a message to contact me for checking back on my order? I can send you my mail adress via PM

I've tried to log in but no luck. I'm still locked out. I should have known better. I got burned once for over $40.00. Never got my Wanula dreaming.

If you've paid using Paypal I suggest you file a complaint (I did this time and got my money back) before it's too late.

Edited by inScale

I've tried to log in but no luck. I'm still locked out. I should have known better. I got burned once for over $40.00. Never got my Wanula dreaming.

If you've paid using Paypal I suggest you file a complaint (I did this time and got my money back) before it's too late.

That would be a shame, I also ordered the Hobbit decals for the 744. I'll give it two more days, perhaps the decals are really on the way as he wrote.

Life would be way easier if there would be some contact mail address on his site. I still hope he did not place none on the site on purpose...

That would be a shame, I also ordered the Hobbit decals for the 744. I'll give it two more days, perhaps the decals are really on the way as he wrote.

Life would be way easier if there would be some contact mail address on his site. I still hope he did not place none on the site on purpose...

Keep a close eye on your tracking number. The number I had went to an address in CA (both times!!) and I filed a complaint right way. I did not do it the first time hoping that he made a mistake and my package was on its way. You only have 30 days from the transaction date to file a complaint with paypal. After that he keeps your money and you get nothing!

Keep a close eye on your tracking number. The number I had went to an address in CA (both times!!) and I filed a complaint right way. I did not do it the first time hoping that he made a mistake and my package was on its way. You only have 30 days from the transaction date to file a complaint with paypal. After that he keeps your money and you get nothing!

what site do you use for the tracking i have a tracking number but ca not figure out how to track it

Richard

what site do you use for the tracking i have a tracking number but ca not figure out how to track it

Richard

I'm afraid I do not know how the UK postal system works. In the US you would go in the USPS website and paste the tracking number in the appropriate box. I would suggest that you contact your postal system either on the web, by calling them or visiting your nearest postal office. I am sure that they have something to help you track your package.

Keep a close eye on your tracking number...

Bummer, my "shipping confirmation" has no tracking number, and since his shopping system does not recognize the mail address for login (the one it sent the confirmation mails to, btw) I think chances are low to get this info at all.

I'll try and create another account. Let's see where i get from there..

EDIT: No way of getting in touch with the guy from the second account. Filed Paypal complaint.

Edited by ChrisRRR

When I looked at the site when I tried contacting him regarding the 1/144 decals, I found absolutely no contact information anywhere on the site, so it looks very much like he's trying to hide as best as he can.

I really want those hobbit decals, but w/ his reputation he's got, and the fact that he's hiding his contact information, Im not going to risk it, its not worth the time or effort, and its certainly not worth the risk of loosing my money.

Hi Guys,

I ordered a set of vrigin blue emb 170 and airnz all blacks decals from modelarstwoalexander in late january and recevied them in mid march and it was package well. i did got burnt by him in the past, but that was in the past.

sean

Got in contact with the guy via the paypal complaint.said he would check my order and the tracking number for it. Yesterday he refunded my money.

Strange enough...but at least no damage on my side.

Case closed for me, so my 744 has to go with the JAL decals from my stash...

Edited by ChrisRRR

By what I have read in this and other forums I came to this conclusion: He has a problem with supply and demand, where the supplier does not meet the demand, and to make it worse, when an item is sold out he neither has a way of knowing so, nor the ability to restock. That is why he refunded your money no questions asked. (I assume that the producer and the seller are not the same person)

Edited by inScale
  • 1 month later...

Just an update from my experience.

I heard all the negative comments, but I wanted some decals. I decided I'd make a somewhat small purchase, so if money lost, no problem as part of the "experiment".

Well, I had ordered near the end of March and got message that they were on way the following week. A few weeks later when I tried signing in to website, I couldn't get on. Now, I thinking "uh-oh.." But, lo and behold, today the doorbell rang and here was my registered mail with the decals!!

So, is this just a case of patience? Or I am one of the "lucky" ones?

Decals look great, by the way. Gotta get going on those kits!!

• 6 months later...

Old topic, but an interesting sidenote:

Until recently I thought his business went down because the website is no longer reachable. But indeed it is not. If I go via a US ProxyServer (or even Google Translate) on his site I can see it is very alive, with even some "November specials" put up recently.

Maybe it is just me, but that feels very strange...

Edited by ChrisRRR

His website seems to be up. I ordered once from him, around July this year, and I got my decals after month and a half or so. I was reluctant to order because of his reputation, so I kept the order small. Thought I'd share my experience.

• 1 month later...

I ordered the 777-300ER Hobbit decals from him back in September..of LAST YEAR!!! Yes, I had read the negatives. It is my fault for being dazed by the lure of the Hobbit decals.

His order status on my order says they were shipped. To date I have neither received them nor has he responded to my queries:

Skip Navigation LinksHome > Your Account > Print Order

Order #7588

Back Print

S O L D B Y

modelarstwoalexander

Mazowickie 33

Swider, 05402

POLAND

INVOICE

Order Number: 7588

Order Date: 8/25/2013

SHIPMENT INFORMATION

S H I P T O XXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX

XXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXX

XXXXXXX, XX #####

UNITED STATES Shipping Method: Economic registered USA

Qty SKU Item Price

1 Silk-screened decal for Air New Zealand "Hobbit" Boeing 777-300 in scale 1/144 € 15.00

1 SHIPPING Shipping Method: Economic registered USA € 5.60

PAYMENT INFORMATION

Order Summary

Item Subtotal: € 15.00

Shipping: € 5.60

Taxes: € 0.00

Total: € 20.60

Billing Address:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

UNITED STATES

Payment Method: PayPal xxxxxxxx@hotmail.com

ORDER NOTES

Date Comment

9/19/2013 10:34:50 PM

Hi xxxxxxx, Your consignement was shipped 2 days ago. You may expect a delivery in 7-15 days. I will update all tracing info through Auctiva directly in your e-mail. Many Thanks, Alex

10/23/2013 5:19:50 PM

10/23/13 - Decals still not received for order 7588

11/20/2013 7:47:09 PM

11/20/13 - Decals STILL not received for order 7588. Though I heard negative feedback about this business on several model sites, I was attracted to the Hobbit decals and on faith submitted my order. I have yet to receive it. This is unacceptable.

12/5/2013 4:02:59 AM

12/4/2013 STILL no decals have been received.

1/5/2014 11:59:26 PM

1/5/2014 Still have not received the order #7588. I have been more than patient with you. Even with the bad reviews you have on various modeling forums, I gave you the opportunity to step up, be a man, and be good to your word. The bottom line is that you are not to be trusted. I am forced to join the ranks of those on the Internet warning people not to do business with you. This is unfortunate. Either learn how to do honest business or get out of the business.

Home

Search

Contact

Do not do business with this person.