First, are you using decal paper for a ink jet printer? Laser paper will not work in ink jet printer when it comes to printing decals. And after you print your decals, are you sealing them with anything?

Steven L :wave:

Edited by FAR148

Can anyone suggest quality decal paper for printing my own decals i made in Illustrator? I plan to have them printed at a local copier store as i have not had great success with ink jet decal paper.

For laser printing, I like Microscale TrimFilm:

http://www.microscale.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=TF

For inkjet, SuperCal:

http://www.supercaldecals.com/

Pip

Ive tried ink jet paper at home with poor results. I did sray a fixitve using a can fix and also ran it through my airbrush but always got image bleed. I love the lazer jet option which ive had acceptable results from but heard the key is quality decal paper. Any suggestions for better ink jet decals?

Any suggestions for better ink jet decals?

I use ink jet paper from Decalpaper.com and seal them with Krylon acrylic spray. The artwork on the tail of my Hellenic F-15E, was done on paper from Decalpaper.com

FAR_Mudhens_8.jpg

Steven L :wave:

Ive tried ink jet paper at home with poor results. I did sray a fixitve using a can fix and also ran it through my airbrush but always got image bleed.

Which brand printer are you using? Are you using ink from the manufacturer or refilled cartridges from a third party?

I was using a Brother printer w/their ink. No after market ink. Too messy. I cant remember if the paper was bought from Hobbytown (it would have been Testors paper) or older paper of unknown brand. But i do want get a quality paper since im putting alot of work into converting an F-86 into an FJ-3M Fury in 1/72. I want the decals looking great.

It might be the ink and not the paper at fault. I have had good luck with HP and Canon inks, but some bleeding with third party ink on the Canon printer I currently use. Maybe a test on another person's printer is in order.

I always do testing on gloss photo paper. It's a lot cheaper than decal paper and behaves about the same.