Russian cockpit colour

No no, that is totally wrong - this one is correct i.e.

http://obchod.agama-model.cz/en-detail-234782-r26-p-bright-turquiose.html

Do you mean that the modelmaster color 2135 is all wrong? I was all set to order some. I dont need something that is perfectly right, I just need a color that matches the decals that Eduard provides for the cockpit on their Mig-21 :rolleyes:

The color is all over the map, I like the Floquil NYC Jade as well - if I'm just painting a cockpit - it's what I used on my MiG-23 build that you can see linked in my signature line.

Akan is very good too.

However, if you're trying to match some pre-painted PE - like I am now (Eduard MiG-21 Brassin cockpit set), then you have to mix.

The Aeromaster and Model Master colors are wrong for the dark Jade, but are more in line for some Su-25s that I've seen.

• 3 months later...

The color is all over the map, I like the Floquil NYC Jade as well

I agree looks close enough for Gov't work or shelf sitting unless it's entered in a contest where scrutiny is very tight.

If you demand precise and exacting colors here's a source; however aircraft seldom have that factory fresh look...nature assures that.

Linden Hill AKAN Paints

It might be a good idea to grab a cache, before they outlaw it or restrict it like they did some of the Japanese stuff.

Do you mean that the modelmaster color 2135 is all wrong? I was all set to order some. I dont need something that is perfectly right, I just need a color that matches the decals that Eduard provides for the cockpit on their Mig-21 :rolleyes:/>

Modelmaster interior green is not correct for coldware migs... I think they developed this color for 1940's and 50's Russian Aircraft... It's definitely more of a green than a blue... AKAN now makes a lacquer based acrylic similar to Gunze Mr Hobby paint.... You can get them from Linden Hill,,, they make the cockpit color in two versions.... One is normal and the other faded,,,

Do you mean that the modelmaster color 2135 is all wrong? I was all set to order some. I dont need something that is perfectly right, I just need a color that matches the decals that Eduard provides for the cockpit on their Mig-21 :rolleyes:/>

To color match Eduards interior green you need a 50/50 mix of Gunze Sangyo H25 Sky Blue and H46 Emerald Green. http://studiogekko.blogspot.com/2011/04/eduard-mig-21-cockpit-colour.html

Curt

pic stolen from THIS ARC thread post #470

012finalcolourmatch.jpg

No no, that is totally wrong - this one is correct i.e.

http://obchod.agama-model.cz/en-detail-234782-r26-p-bright-turquiose.html

I could accept that, if a particular aircraft kit being done is for one sitting inside in a museum, but a frontline bird outside.....almost any ballpark color should be good depending on the amount of weathering and age of the bird. In the link it says "Cockpit interiors of most russian planes contemporary" which says other colors can be used.

Edited by #1 Greywolf