Bell UH-1M El Salvador Air Force 1980s.

Hi Guys, as we dont see too much Huey builds in the forum, ill like to contribute like Ray with another Huey build.

Its an El Salvador Air Force Bell UH-1M from the mid-1980s during the internal war fought against the communist guerrillas, the bird came from an unknown NG unit in 85 and was one of the 24 Mikes that came to the FAS(El Salvador Air Force), nowadays this bird rest as a gate guard in the main base.

For my build, i will be using the Academy/MRC UH-1C Huey Frog kit, Eduard Big Ed set, Fireball Modelworks M158 Rocket Pods, RB Miniguns, and other items including some scratch.

Heres the photos of the real bird flying in a combat mission in El Salvador in 87 i think, just hope my bird turn out as close as possible as the real deal(crossing fingers).

Hope to make some progress in the next days.

Thank you and hope this build will be interesting to all.

FAS2302-1_zps184de349.jpg

Rod.

Always like the look of the Mike's in Salvadorean service. Did they have any special modifications or were they stock US birds? Thought I read somewhere that they were equipped with ALQ-144's after the rebels started using SAM-7's.

Should be a great build, look forward to your updates.

John

Thanks, glad u like it, the EMERGENCY EXIT decal is custom and the Data Plate is from the Eduard 1/32 F-15C Placards.

Ive made some progress in the skids and main rotor, will post more pics later.

Thank u guys.

Rod.

Well it's only fair you made extra work for me since I made extra work for you on the ammo trays. I got to figure out how to do the emergency exit stencil and figure out some way short of buying the Eduard placard set to do the data plate.

Ray

Well it's only fair you made extra work for me since I made extra work for you on the ammo trays. I got to figure out how to do the emergency exit stencil and figure out some way short of buying the Eduard placard set to do the data plate.

Ray

Archer Fine Transfer? link

Need to check my stash to see which ones would work.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, some progress here, been working on the main rotor, and the cowling grilles, in fact this will almost not be seen cause this bird has the shields, but i didnt want it to leave it like that.

Hope u like it, more progress coming soon, been working in the pilot seats also, ohh man that is a real pain in the ***, i had to rebuild them almost completely.

Ray, i have a lot of spare EMERGENCY EXIT stencils, but the problem is how to send them to you.

DSC06185_zps0d1a6520.jpg

DSC06188_zpsc410cd6f.jpg

DSC06169_zpsbcabe3b1.jpg

Rod.

Edited by salvador001
  • 3 weeks later...