Substitute paint colors

Getting ready to start the WNW AMC DH-2 my wife gave me at Christmas and decided that I would get any paint ordered and on the way (looks like there are several places that are going to need painting before assembly and want to be sure the paint is on hand). Since my preferences in paint run to enamels and the instructions give Humbrol as their choice, that's how I'm going to go. Only problem is that some of the paints colors WNW recommend are either out of stock everywhere or are not listed any longer. For a couple of them I've figured out a replacement from the Model Master line and on the third I really need some advice.

WNW recommends Humbrol 27003 Polished Steel but the only place that appears to stock it wants quite a bit more for it so I'm going to substitute MM 1402 Stainless Steel. The call out for the main grey is Humbrol 64 Matt Light Grey which seems to be out of stock, so I'm going to substitute MM 1741 Dark Ghost Grey. The last color just doesn't sound right to me, WNW calls for Humbrol 66 "Matt OD" (Call out on the Tamiya Acrylic side is NATO Black)so I'm going to substitue MM 2748 Black Semi Gloss. Does anyone have any thoughts or perhaps a better ideas/suggestions on this subject.

Thanks

Edited by Hawk10

It does work, you have to scroll down to the two red boxes about halfway down the page

Not if you've got a later version of Firefox. I can run it in Chrome or IE but it loads about a 1/3 of the way in FF & stalls out. Wish someone could fix it or maybe I should change to Chrome but I'm loath to use anymore of Google or Windows than I have to.

Steve.

• 3 weeks later...

Humbrol 66 is a very dark grey, Tamiya NATO black is pretty close, maybe a bit darker. I wouldn't use an actual black though, it is definately a dark grey. Model Master make an 'aircraft interior black' that should be about right.