Thanks Gabor! The MiG now has the Gabor nose. :rofl:/> I cannot promise for myself, but the MiG will be at the Mosonmagyarovar show.

Look forward to seeing your 21 bis in person. I hope that you will be able to make it to Moson. It is a great show, not because it is in Hungary but I think it is the best show in Europe with a wonderful atmosphere.

If you can make it to the show we can discuss in detail all the particularities of Gabor's nose. :) :D :) :) :D :)

I hope to be able to show you something by then.

Best regards

Gabor

Thank you Jennings and Ruud.

Look forward to seeing your 21 bis in person. I hope that you will be able to make it to Moson. It is a great show, not because it is in Hungary but I think it is the best show in Europe with a wonderful atmosphere.

If you can make it to the show we can discuss in detail all the particularities of Gabor's nose. :)/> :D/> :)/> :)/> :D/> :)/>

I hope to be able to show you something by then.

Best regards

Gabor

I'll do my best, Gabor.

To be honest with you, the model is so convincing you could have said the very first picture was the model with a photo-backdrop or something like that, and I'd have believed you.

Thanks for this, Karl!

Thanks for the compliments!

How did you approach the paint chipping? It is so well done. It looks fantastic!

I used salt for the drop tank and for the bigger chipped areas and then the hair spray laquer technique for the rest.

Edited by stenkabg

Once again, nice build Stenk. Question, I am not that familiar with soviet ordnance. What is that on the pylon? I am beginning a Cuban BIS build. Their color scheme's are rather bright, with some of their blue shades.

Jager

Edited by jager

Once again, nice build Stenk. Question, I am not that familiar with soviet ordnance. What is that on the pylon? I am beginning a Cuban BIS build. Their color scheme's are rather bright, with some of their blue shades.

Jager

This is the training version of the R-60M missile.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

This model is really stunning but I'm rather puzzled by the colour notes included in the Eduard kit.

Can you kindly specify the basic tints that you used for this camouflage pattern, please?

Many thanks in advance

Luca

Thank you!

This model is really stunning but I'm rather puzzled by the colour notes included in the Eduard kit.

Can you kindly specify the basic tints that you used for this camouflage pattern, please?

Many thanks in advance

Luca

The colors I used were mixed from Gunze and Tamiya paints. I don' remember the specific codes. Just picked up some shades that seemed closed and then adjusted them to much the pictures and what i had seen in person. The Eduard color call outs are wrong. They appear to be closer for the last repaint of the aircraft that happened 2 years ago