My bench is down!

Faced with the imminent collapse of my studio's bookshelves, my dear wife consented equipping my man cave with new, custom shelves, incorporating a display case. Before I could stop myself, I suggested it would be a good time to paint the room. Wait- what the heck was I thinking? The results- are shown below.

Studio_001.jpg

Here's a shot of the shop in it's glory days- note the sagging, warped IKEA Billies- bad news!

Studio_002.jpg

Not a bad layout, but disorganized and cluttered. No lighting in the open display corner.

Studio_003.jpg

My happy place! The Me509 can be seen in the focal center of the room. ;)

Studio_004.jpg

The 4th corner of the room- all those balsa free-flight planes were built from sheet stock and tissue paper.

Studio_005.jpg

Another view of the eye of the storm- it should look familiar, in a way.

Studio_006.jpg

Some of my first balsa peanut planes.

Studio_007.jpg

Various denizens and artifacts fill the countless nooks and crannies.

Studio_008.jpg

Stripped to the bone! The work crew will be here this week to slap on some paint and put in the new shelves- and then it will be time to piece all that stuff back together!

Stay tuned- and cheers!

chuk

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, guys!

Back in business! I've been repairing, cleaning, sorting and replacing. Some junk went out, and everything's spruced up and in place. The books are sorted largely by size- I'll have to get 'em more organized in the future. A few little bits still need to be sorted out, but I'm calling this project done.

Studio_009.jpg

Aw, yes- ready to go! I sorted through all those little drawers- junk went bye-bye!

Studio_010.jpg

The cabinets are really first-rate- and there's sapce for more books. Moar books, ploz! :D

Studio_011.jpg

The shelf replacing the windowsill was a nice surprise from my friend the contractor.

Studio_012.jpg

The beer light hung in my Dad's bar for years and years- here's to you, Pop!

Studio_013.jpg

The Golden Age wall, with a guest appearance by your slovenly host. Visible through the door is the computer desk I sit at as I I type these words, and where I create my girlie art.

Studio_014.jpg

At last a safe place to put the finished builds!

Studio_015.jpg

Eras of German aviation streak across the ceiling, and Jill St. John hands Sean Connery a martini in that Rutan Variviggen.

Studio_016.jpg

Now I can get back to the Me509- or should I repaint that nasty bum first? Oh, hell- the end!

Even Chuk's home renovations are done in WIP style and nicely done at that, complete with photo inserts!

Nice setup ya got there now!

Only one thing remains to be seen.......the stash!? Inquiring minds want to know, what's in Chuk's stash?! Ok, two things, what's the next project due in the man cave? hmmm.gif

Thanks, everybody! To answer a few questions:

1. Fritzi, Hannah and Wendy are all on leave and getting all-over tans in San Tropez
  2. The stash is in that closet, with a few under the drafting table
  3. That B-25 is the Hasegawa 1/72. See the link below

My B-25 Build Review at Modeling Madness

Oh- and the yellow paint brings to mind a tip- never try to clear a stuck bottle of Vallejo by squeezing. It's a good thing I was wearing my opti-visor or it would have been an even bigger mess!

Now I can get back to that Me509. This will be the year of finishing projects- the well diorama and another languishing review build. Maybe even that In credible Hulk figure will get torn edges to his pants and a coat of paint!

• 2 months later...

Chuck,

Ah I see while the Master is hard at work, the minions go to .San . Tropez. :coolio:

And I learnt from your thread not to buy Billie bookcases ..

And heck it looks real great now..

I can't wait for you to get back to your sure modeling bench! :salute:

Edited by HOLMES
  • 1 month later...