USAF UH-1N Over my house

Holy cow! I swear I remember reading about the "last flight" of a USAF Huey some years ago in WAPJ or some such magazine.

The Huey has had many "last flights." Stories of it's demise are greatly exaggerated. At the very least, the USAF has DOZENS of TH-1H's flying at Ft. Rucker and will for the foreseeable future.

Ray

The German Air Force just had it's last Huey flight a few weeks ago. They were mainly used for Medevac flights. Nonetheless, the Army took over all Hueys, while the Air Force received all CH-53s (which were never in the Air Force's inventory before).

Holy cow! I swear I remember reading about the "last flight" of a USAF Huey some years ago in WAPJ or some such magazine.

The USAF has been looking into replacing their UH-1Ns with an H-60 type for some time now, but there hadn't been any real impetus because the UH-1Ns were soldiering on just fine for the roles assigned to them (missile facility support, base hacks, and the like). I don't know for sure, but I can easily imagine that this was one of the many things they decided to can or otherwise delay in their FY13 budget proposal.

Here is a USAF Huey I caught a few months ago, nice paint. It was from Special Operations Hurlbert Field, FL.....and was being transferred to Cannon AFB, NM.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8314/7980397519_68529d3104_b.jpg

NICE! Thanks for sharing. I know that there were both como UH-1N's and UH-1H's out of Hurlburt as recent a a year or so ago. Do you know if they are still there or have all those assets been reassigned?

Ray