Italeri 1:72 B-52G Stratofortress .... Part II

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 2016-10-21 at 1:38 AM, Dutch said:

Benner, Great work!  I hope to try this project also, so thanks for being the guinea pig!  Keep up the great work, would love to see more and the finished project, as this thread is quite old now.  R/ Dutch

wow, didn't expect this thread to be dug up :)  ... yeah, this build is on indefinite hold.  I'm still doing some Star Wars stuff and also got a F-5E in the works.  Probably to be followed by a F-4G.  Once my display  case is full, I'll work on the B-52 again.  At my rate, probably a year.

• 2 weeks later...

I was tempted to pick this kit up at a recent modelling contest, but saner thoughts prevailed and I got the Tamiya Tomcat instead. But some insanity still lingers since I did have a close encounter of the B-52nd kind earlier this year..

Csj6upCW8AA05kv.jpg:large

I can tell you that rain water that falls on the big wing tend to run outwards to the wing tip, and having the hand on the tip of the wing will lead the rain water along the arm in to your recently dry body... but that is a small price to pay for a stupid selfie with the BUFF.

Edited by erik_g
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2016 at 9:41 PM, erik_g said:

I can tell you that rain water that falls on the big wing tend to run outwards to the wing tip, and having the hand on the tip of the wing will lead the rain water along the arm in to your recently dry body... but that is a small price to pay for a stupid selfie with the BUFF.

i2fun.com-at-the-right-moment-081_zpsetq

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...