CD48027: 1/48 USMC AV-8A/C Harriers

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my mail today and the Caracal decal for the AV-8A/C. WOW this is a great decal sheet. Thanks Caracal for doing this decal. I can toss my old Microscale AV-8A decals! The artwork is truly outstanding as is the printing and instruction sheets. My money was well spent again, purchasing a Caracal decal.

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine.

This is another beautiful sheet from Carcal! And enough to do a whole bunch of Jumpjets.

It was much needed as there is nothing else out there for these kits.

Thinks for bringing this one to us KursadA B)/>

Edited by dmk0210

Ordered my set a couple of days ago.

The only thing now I have to do is to find one of my Monogram Harriers :woot.gif:

Just one question...What are those Skyhawks kill marks? Never found the story behind it.

Thanks a lot for the sheet!!! Great job!

• 2 months later...

Just decaling Monogram Harrier using 48027, and they are just the best. The quality and detail are so superior to the old Microscale sheets I had (and intended to use). The decals make my so-so modeling efforts look good. Anyway, the art, color and printing are outstanding and just a joy to use. Thanks Caracal!

Edited by Bonanza27
  • 7 years later...

It really depends on what the kit decals will look like, and how different the rudder shape is. Having offered this same artwork in two different scales (and about to offer it a third scale soon), I already got a lot of mileage out of it. I wouldn't mind having to design a new sheet for the Kinetic kit.  

11 hours ago, KursadA said:

It really depends on what the kit decals will look like, and how different the rudder shape is. Having offered this same artwork in two different scales (and about to offer it a third scale soon), I already got a lot of mileage out of it. I wouldn't mind having to design a new sheet for the Kinetic kit.  

I’m happy to hear that Kursad!  Eagerly awaiting this kit which ought to be the new standard in 1/48th 👍🏻

• 1 year later...

Getting ready to apply the rudder decals to my 1/48 AV-8A for VMAT-203.  I've been looking at photos and I wonder if the red and blue stripes are transposed?  In other words, the red stripe should go along the rudder line instead of blue as on the otherwise fantastic sheet?  Probably easy enough to just paint it.  

1 hour ago, AD-4N said:

Getting ready to apply the rudder decals to my 1/48 AV-8A for VMAT-203.  I've been looking at photos and I wonder if the red and blue stripes are transposed?  In other words, the red stripe should go along the rudder line instead of blue as on the otherwise fantastic sheet?  Probably easy enough to just paint it.  

Red is forward on the VMAT-203 Harriers. Here is a photo of TAV-8A 159382 KD-04 taken at Cherry Point circa 1978.

TAV-8A_153082_VMAT-203_KD-04_KNKT_1978.JPG.36277fbce79f80765760b0257ff886cf.JPG

And the gate guard at Cherry Point, AV-8A 158976 taken circa 2008 (Air-Britain)

AV-8A_158976_VMAT-203_KD-00_KNKT_2008.JPG.046d2bb8f4069ce823673518f3224a22.JPG

Lastly, a link to my Monogram 1/48 AV-8A Harrier, built SOOTB circa 1983.  As you can see, Monogram interposed the red and blue on the rudder.  Ah well!  Live and learn!

HTH,

Dutch

Edited by Dutch
25 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Lastly, a link to my Monogram 1/48 AV-8A Harrier, built SOOTB circa 1983.  As you can see, Monogram interposed the red and blue on the rudder.  Ah well!  Live and learn!

HTH,

Dutch

Great job on an old Harrier.  For years the Monogram AV-8A was the best first generation Harrier in ANY scale.  

Edited by AD-4N
clarity
9 hours ago, RichB63 said:

The RH side of the rudder is marked differently, at least on the two tails visible in this photo: red stripe at trailing edge.

bZ9CiG7.jpg

Rich,

I do believe that you are right! Monogram got the starboard side correct at the expense of the port side.

What do you say Kursad? Can you swap the red and blue on the port side rudder for VMAT-203 on your next reprint of CD48027?

K/r,

Dutch

Edited by Dutch
16 hours ago, Dutch said:

Rich,

I do believe that you are right! Monogram got the starboard side correct at the expense of the port side.

What do you say Kursad? Can you swap the red and blue on the port side rudder for VMAT-203 on your next reprint of CD48027?

K/r,

Dutch

I'm not sure when (or if) I am going to do a reprint of this sheet, but I made a note of the correction and I will make sure the upcoming 1/32 sheet will be correct.