Who's going to Heritage-Con on March 3rd.

I'm sitting at the computer here at work having just finished the platoon briefing as the officers head out for patrol. I am envious of you who were / are able to attend. I wish the entrants good luck and the vendors lots of sales. I know I said it befoer but with any luck I'll be able to make it next year. Make sure there are lots of photos.

Sigh...

Mike

I'm back, bought 3 kits and Don G GAVE me some more. Then some for Elmo.

Elmo, your kits are in the basement, hostage to demands to be posted later. Perhaps a coffee. ( I should be off at home Thursday this week.)

I'm back, bought 3 kits and Don G GAVE me some more. Then some for Elmo.

Elmo, your kits are in the basement, hostage to demands to be posted later. Perhaps a coffee. ( I should be off at home Thursday this week.)

Well done Phantom..

Any photos of them ? Of the show ? :whistle:

Naw, but I am sure someone will post pics. Lots of cameras were there.

I snapped some pics, but mostly just stuff that caught my eye. Will post an album later.

Didn't get to meet you Shawn! I met Terry and Eric, and three other guys whose names I forget :rolleyes: and we all had lunch!

Great show, vendors were a bit disappointing though, I was hoping they would have more new aircraft kits and less...cars :blink:

-Awan

Ya vending kinda sucked this year I managed to find a couple of kits to buy but no aftermarket anywhere.

All 1/32

Has. TA-4J $25

Trump. F8F-1 $25

Revell T-1A Hawk $10

Alot of cars and armor or old 1/72 kits that have made the rounds for years.

But alot of nice models on display.

Don

I picked up a A-4C from Hasegawa in 1/48.........Thats right a Hasegawa A-4C!!!!!

A Hobby Craft T-33

Academy CH-46E still sealed.

Aftermarket CF-104 weapons from Belcher Bits.

Held the Canadian mafia box breifly, dropped in a couple sheets and removed one. Gave the box to Don.

Then, Don G gave me a bunch of started models to share with Elmo. THANKS AGAIN DON!!!!!!!

Some decals are headed your way once the post office is open tomorrow.

Good to see everyone again, and AWan for the first time.

I picked up a Revell 1/32 He 219.

My two entrants in the 1/32 jet category were a F7U Cutlass and a F-16B Aggressor. The latter managed to take silver.

Got home at 5pm, an hour earlier than anticipated, which pleased SWMBO.

All in all, a good day.

Terry

Great show as always! Good to see the old friends and meet some new ones too - especially Anthony!

I had some luck in 1/48 jets with a gold for my Mirage III CJ, and a bronze for my Draken.

I did snap a few pics of aircraft which caught my eye - you should be able to view them in my album here:

Heritagecon 2013

What a great show! It ran like clockwork. Kudos to the organizers and judges!

I met Terry and said hi to the mafia gang - always nice to see those guys.

The judges were very kind to me - there was a ton of excellent models on the tables.

I didn't get much from the vendors - an Italeri yf-12 for kicks. But I got a nice score at the raffle - a 1/144 Dragon TSR spyplane.

Again - great show and the drive home was not so bad.

Wish I had been able to go. They always put on a good show and it's fun to hook up with 'The Gang'. Thanks for posting the link cheezewizard. Some fantastic models on display there. Sorry to hear that the vendor selection was not so good. I've always managed to find a few goodies there. I'm glad that those who posted had a great time. As I said earlier, maybe next year. I really need to retire. This working shift work and those staffing shortages that curtail my taking time off and overall availability just isn't cricket!

Had a great time at the show as usual. :D/> Picked up a few kits, saw Tony, Shawn & Don, but had to leave early.

Was on my way into the Hammer for lunch and to Modellers Choice for some paint, but the transmission on my truck decided to quit working at a stoplight on Upper James.... :angry:/>

Luckily my CAA membership covered the tow truck ride back to Woodstock...phew!

:cheers:/>