Boeing 247 - Wien Alaska Airlines

• 3 weeks later...

I should have some photos to show tomorrow, alas won't have time to work on it at the weekend.

I've got the fuselage closed up (for permissive values of 'closed up'). I'm thinking there may have been some subtle warpage on the fuselage halves, though I did manage to get it such that the worst seam is on the bottom.

One complaint I do have is the instruction sheet. Not one I'd rank amongst the best I've seen!

Well, it may be that, yeah. I should note that the bulkhead walls were shaped pretty well nothing like the inside walls of the fuselage, so there are some gaps there inside, and I had to do a good bit of filing on those to get the fuse halves to fit around.

The "floor pan" that holds the passenger seats may well have been a bit too wide - I'm not sure why they decided to have the big side walls on there that fit into the wing-root recesses, with those there it would make it very difficult indeed to adjust the width...

(two minutes later)

I just did a dry test fit of the central wing section that goes under the fuselage, and of course it doesn't want to fit like this. I'm thinking I'll have to try and carefully pry the fuselage back open again and either try to work the interior stuff down narrower, or dispense with the passenger cabin entirely...