German Pzh-2000 camo scheme....what color is it?

Hello, soon I will build a German Pzh-2000...but I dont't have any idea about what color should I use to paint this camo. I would like to know the RAL/RLM codes and their equivalent for the Gunze/Tamiya colors. I still not have found in the web theese precious info....could you help me please?

Pretty sure it's standard "Nato-flage" three-tone: Nato black / Nato brown / Nato green. Tamiya has them. I stopped worrying about exact RAL/RLM/FS595/etc codes for armor long ago since the weathering process changes the colors significantly anyway--look at a lineup of tanks and you'll see every one is a different color even if they were painted in the same official scheme.

Curtis

first of all i agree with Holeshot, unless you want to model a pristine afv then don't bother with finding a precise tone, instead look for unity (whatever that means to you) among the colors and for that trying to stick with the same brand for the entire camo colors might be a good idea, however ymmv.

regarding the 3 tone nato colors:

ral6031: bronze green

ral8027: leather brown

ral9021: tar black

afaik gunze has these 3 colors as a set (CS602 - lacquer!!!), vallejo (model air) too. don't know about tamiya but you'll be able to approximate those via http://www.paint4models.com/

have fun.

Edited by murad

I did not think thaat the answer to my question was very simple. I imagined myself going crazy in mixing colors toghether :wacko: . But luckly nothing like that :D ....I checked Tamiya color chart an they have them in catalogue....I only need to get in my car an drive to my favourite model store. Thank you for the hints and tips, they solved a big doubt and were very much helpful. :banana:

I prefer to use Testor Model Master enamel colors for NATO 3-tone camo. To me, their Medium Green, Flat Black, and Field Drab represent it better. They look like flike ield-worn and faded colors to me.

Examples:

AngryAmerican003.jpg

IMG_0290.jpg

Tamiyas colors, esp. the brown, look too dark to me.

MM enamel paints are pretty good but smells like poison :gr_barf: ....I usually spray colors in a room that is not much ventilated, so I prefer Acrylic color ( as Gunze or Tamiya) that smell only a little bit. I can try to brighten Tamiya colors adding some drops of white......

I also have a another question. I did not find any aftermarket items or detail sets ( as photo etched or tracks) for this subject. Is there some aftermarket for the Pzh-2000.

MM enamel paints are pretty good but smells like poison :gr_barf:/> ....I usually spray colors in a room that is not much ventilated, so I prefer Acrylic color ( as Gunze or Tamiya) that smell only a little bit. I can try to brighten Tamiya colors adding some drops of white......

I also have a another question. I did not find any aftermarket items or detail sets ( as photo etched or tracks) for this subject. Is there some aftermarket for the Pzh-2000.

you haven't mentioned your scale but looks like there are several aftermarket addons for 1/35th revell kit:

http://www.scalemates.com/search.php?q=%22Panzerhaubitze+2000%22