On the drawing board...

There is always new stuff in the works at the Caracal Advanced Research & Development Institute ( also known as my home office). You know I am already working on a series of F-4C sheets in all scales, international late block Vipers, etc. Here are some of the others I am working on:

- A-6A Intruders: My first 1/48 sheet is due in March, I will follow up with a second one soon. These will be scaled up to 1/32 for the Trumpeter kit as well.

- Alpha Jet: I really like the Alpha Jet and intend to cover it very comprehensively.

- A-3 Skywarrior: I have been working on these for a while now, and I intend to have multiple (as in at least 3) sheets ready at the time of the kit's general release in the US.

- HU -16 Albatross: I will have at least one sheet for this kit, possibly more.

tezgah1.jpg

I hate to burst your bubble, but HaHen already did a sheet for all German Air Force units that flew the Alpha Jet. :unsure:/>

However, the Alpha Jet was flown in more than 10 different countries. I see some potential there and nothing has been done IMHO for the current civilian adversary jets.

Nonetheless, I'll be watching your Alpha Jet project with interest.

I hate to burst your bubble, but HaHen already did a sheet for all German Air Force units that flew the Alpha Jet. :unsure:/>/>/>/>/>/>/>

However, the Alpha Jet was flown in more than 10 different countries. I see some potential there and nothing has been done IMHO for the current civilian adversary jets.

Nonetheless, I'll be watching your Alpha Jet project with interest.

Thank you for your insights. I have obtained or examined most existing Alpha Jet decal sheet in this scale, including the one you mentioned. I believe my Alpha Jet decals (including my planned Luftwaffe sheet) will do well in the current market with their Cartograf print quality and my brand's relatively wider distribution.

I have no plans for any civilian Alpha Jets with the exception of those operated by Qinetiq in the UK. I will cover most of the military users, though.

Edited by KursadA

I hate to burst your bubble...

No chance of bubble bursting this side of the keyboard ;)

I have known of HaHen's product for a long time and have the greatest respect for the gentleman behind it, but for various reasons it never was THE option for me.

I do admit however that exactly 35 seconds after euphorically replying to Kursad's post, my heart skipped a beat when I realized that there is a 48th scale Alpha on its way and that the decals might be aimed at it instead of the old and ugly 72nd scale kits :doh:

There is always new stuff in the works at the Caracal Advanced Research & Development Institute ( also known as my home office). You know I am already working on a series of F-4C sheets in all scales, international late block Vipers, etc. Here are some of the others I am working on:

[...]

- Alpha Jet: I really like the Alpha Jet and intend to cover it very comprehensively.

[...]

Do you plan covering french and belgian Alphajets ?

- A-6A Intruders: My first 1/48 sheet is due in March, I will follow up with a second one soon. These will be scaled up to 1/32 for the Trumpeter kit as well.

- A-3 Skywarrior: I have been working on these for a while now, and I intend to have multiple (as in at least 3) sheets ready at the time of the kit's general release in the US.

- HU -16 Albatross: I will have at least one sheet for this kit, possibly more.

Very excited about the Alpha Jet (we do need some Cartograph printed Luftwaffe decals available here States!) the A-3 and the Albatross!

Edited by Corey

No chance of bubble bursting this side of the keyboard ;)/>

I have known of HaHen's product for a long time and have the greatest respect for the gentleman behind it, but for various reasons it never was THE option for me.

I do admit however that exactly 35 seconds after euphorically replying to Kursad's post, my heart skipped a beat when I realized that there is a 48th scale Alpha on its way and that the decals might be aimed at it instead of the old and ugly 72nd scale kits :doh:/>

Word is that the Heller kit announced for this year in 72nd is a new tool, with the dissolution of the Airfix tie up and the sale of their original tool to Lodela in Mexico it makes sense. . .

Just wait until I announce the Alpha Jet decals in a couple of weeks or so, and I think you will find that the coverage will be fairly complete. No need to tip my hand before I have finished artwork; but I promise it will be good.

These will certainly be scaled down to 1/72 later, no need to waste perfectly good artwork on a single scale.

As for everything else (1/72 A-10C, F-100 etc.): you will see these within the next few months.

Edited by KursadA

Word is that the Heller kit announced for this year in 72nd is a new tool, with the dissolution of the Airfix tie up and the sale of their original tool to Lodela in Mexico it makes sense. . .

Now, that would be something! Had no idea things were looking like this. Thanks :thumbsup:

One of my favourite trainers and new Alpha Jet marking would be great for the new Kinetic kit. I can get rid of my ESCI kits now. Probably why they stayed in the stash gathering dust. Thanks for making these Kursad.

I have to honestly say you are producing decals for aircraft that the main stream producers have forgotten. As you said, who would have thought a C-2 Greyhound decal would do so well :)

And A-3 markings too. Now I guess I should pick up the 1/48 Trumpeter kit when it comes out as I can probably predict that the markings will be messed up.

I always look forward to what Caracal Models has up their sleeves. Better start saving my pennies now.

Thanks again.

I have to honestly say you are producing decals for aircraft that the main stream producers have forgotten.

I always look forward to what Caracal Models has up their sleeves. Better start saving my pennies now.

That's why I named Caracal my Aftermarket Manufacturer of 2012!

Steven Brown

Scale Model Soup

Any chance of these markings?

Yes (my decals will depict the current flag and not the old one in that photo, though). I'm not sure if Kinetic will include the dorsal extension, I hope they do.

Edited by KursadA

Just out of curiosity, what happened to the Osprey decals? Are they still coming? If you do them could you include VMX-1 to the list? They'll be getting Ospreys before to long.

What Osprey decals? Just kidding - I knew someone would ask eventually. I found out that Xtradecals (which happens to belong to Hannants, a very important distributor of my decals) announced a set of Osprey decals shortly before me, and there was substantial overlap between the two sheets. I have decided to postpone my Osprey decal plans for the time being; I might revisit the idea in the future.

Thai or cameroon markings for the alpha jet pls

for the albatross malaysian vip scheme or indonesian pls

I am sure they will be a hit......i know i will get them.....thts for sure

rgds

mr b

Kursad, i know you've talked about ANG F-4C/D's before with the prospect of a new kit from Academy.

I was wondering if you'd consider a sheet covering Homestead AFB 31st TFW F-4D's with ZF/HS tailcodes?

Most of these late F

-4D's circa 1981-87 wore the Vietnam wraparound or Euro1 scheme and were quite good looking jets....but they have never had any aftermarket love....dispite the fact they had a number of MiG Killers in their ranks including 66-7463 with its 6 kills!

#463 served as 309th TFS flagship and 31st TFW WingKing at different times during its career at Homestead.

The limited research i've done also showed that the jets rarely had the crewnames painted on...so thats on less hurdle to worry about.

What Osprey decals? Just kidding - I knew someone would ask eventually. I found out that Xtradecals (which happens to belong to Hannants, a very important distributor of my decals) announced a set of Osprey decals shortly before me, and there was substantial overlap between the two sheets. I have decided to postpone my Osprey decal plans for the time being; I might revisit the idea in the future.

I still wish that you would as the Xtradecal sheet instruction do not show any aircraft that have operated in Iraq or Afghanistan.