Seymour-Johnson & Luke air shows cancelled

Airshow participation for non demonstration units comes from training time and $$ so if they are going to radically curtail both training hours and funding, the affected units will put what(hours and budget) they have to there primary mission.

It does cost the unit money to do this, you can debate whether its worth it or not. But suppose my old unit wanted to send a Hog to a local airshow i.e. JSOH @ Andrews, so my old unit would have to pay for the JP-8 that we burned going down there and back, If they send us maintainers they would pay for our time whether it was comp time drill make up or an active duty day. ( you want to be on the clock for insurance reasons) Think about the host base they have to pay any civilians O/T, etc.

Add them all to the list. Military is already threatening no aircraft for airshows if their budget is touched March 1st

You don't need military hardware to have an Airshow :thumbsup:

Edited by FAR148

These "cuts" are not even real cuts, they are cuts to increases in spending

2 unpaid days off each pay period sure sounds like a real cut in MY budget. Don't know about you, but a 20% reduction in my household income will have an impact.

2 unpaid days off each pay period sure sounds like a real cut in MY budget. Don't know about you, but a 20% reduction in my household income will have an impact.

Joe - I feel for you and everyone else affected. I am just showing how the cuts are towards rates of growth, not what the DoD does with the money it gets. More money is still being spent this year than last.

Joe - I feel for you and everyone else affected. I am just showing how the cuts are towards rates of growth, not what the DoD does with the money it gets. More money is still being spent this year than last.

Would be interesting if all airshows are canceled and see what the lost of revenue is for Towns, States, Fed and those counting on donations/money from airshows like Hospitals etc.

Not like "Sponsors' will find another avenue to invest in, if they keep this crap up.

Would be interesting if all airshows are canceled and see what the lost of revenue is for Towns, States, Fed and those counting on donations/money from airshows like Hospitals etc.

Not like "Sponsors' will find another avenue to invest in, if they keep this crap up.

Again, the quote, " Penny saved, Pound Foolish."

Flight demonstrations including single and multi ship flight demo teams, Open houses, Air shows, fly bys, military parades and other events cost DoD pennies compared to the total DoD budget.

Edited by Les / Creative Edge Photo

AF and Navy are playing chicken with Congress. Air shows are pennies on the dollar compared to the day to day operating costs, but are the best bang for ya PR buck. Ground the Blues and Thunderchickens and watch voting Bob get upset.

Read in today's paper the Blues won't be attending the annual airshow in DFW - not sure if they were scheduled for Alliance or NAS JRB Carswell.

I'm only going to "Warbird" airshows anymore eitherway.

Of course, in the Pax base paper who are they talking about booting...? The guys who empty the trash cans.

Always start "saving" by screwing the dude who gets paid the least.