1/32 Kinetic F/A-18A/B/C/D

So true there are so many untouched aircraft in 1/32 why the hornet?! and why compete with one of the best modern jet kit! To me a E or F would be better since Trump is the only game in town and it expensive has hell.

ZM had the cohones to bring a Spad(A-1 Skyraider) and they sold like crazy!

But hey can complain with new kit molds! hope it will be cheaper

I can't see the point of tooling new 1/32 Hornet as Academy kit is one of the best 1/32 kits ever released and is readily available for around US$100. How is Kinetic planning to beat that and come out with a profit? I really don't know,it might be good business,but what I know is that I have two Academy F/A-18s in the stash and there is zero chance I'd get rid of them for newly tooled kit,even if Tamiya released one.

I'd buy a 1/32 F-16A or MiG-29 9-12 in a hartbeat though.

I agree. I think Kinetic is just tested more towards what's relevant and modern as a lot of folks who may just be getting into the hobby with zero aviation k owl edge would be able to relate more to a box art of something familiar. I would only assume that if they plan to have any success with it that they'll have to sell it for dirt cheap since the academy offering is top dog and fairly affordable.

More preaching to the choir here from the editorial offices of The Soup. The Academy Hornets are very nice, and after several years on the market can be found second-hand for as little $75. Why Kinetic wouldn't choose to pursue revenue from a yet-unrepresented aircraft is beyond my tiny mind's ability to comprehend.

Steven Brown

Scale Model Soup

Personally, i think as waste of resources to make another F-18A~D 1/32 kit faceing the Academy's kit, once there is a huge lack of other kits like the Mirage family. It would be enough to increase their Mirage 2000 to 1/32, or perhaps an all new Mirage F1 for 1/32. :pray:

I agree, even if they wanted to come out with something that's already covered, they might have been better to go after the Tamiya range of F-4's. There is a much bigger price headroom (Tamiya's seem to go up like gold) and there are some versions that have not been covered and/or could use modern techniques to improve. ORRRR better yet a 1/32 scale T-38. I think that would be successful (maybe not). But to try to knock down the big dog of 1/32 scale that's actually a well priced kit doesn't seem like the best move! Unless they really really really knock it out of the park. I am cautiously optimistic...

Bill

Since we're discussing large scale Hornets, I'm curious to know if there are any shortcomings of the Academy kit especially regarding to shape and accuracy of details.

One shortcoming is a result of using Hasegawa 48th scale kit as a "reference": the Academy kit has, just like the Hase one, a bit too rounded hump profile behind the canopy. It should be much flatter on top. But that's about it.

Edited by Vodnik

I think the Has super hor ets are actually way too flat along the spine. Too wide or too flat. Maybe a combo but they dont appear natural to me and I can immediately spot a Has kit when seeing this. Not sure about the legacies though.

Very strange move......maybe they hired the guy that came up with the "new" coke idea from back in the day....

Between Academy and Trump I'm set(actually overstocked..lol)on Hornets

This really doesn't pertain to the topic at hand, so I apologize. But when you mentioned the "new" Coke, it brought to mind a story. New Coke was simply one big marketing sham. Coca Cola wanted to change from cane sugar to corn syrup as their sweetener, which would make it much cheaper to produce. But, they knew that people would be able to tell the difference. So, they introduced New Coke. It was designed from the outset to fail. They kept it on the market for awhile until the "public outcry" got so bad that they simply had to bring back the "original" formula. What no one knew was that they had switched sweeteners in the meantime.

The “Kinetic 1/32 F/A-18†will be a re-boxing of the Academy kit however

it may (or may not) contain additional resin parts to "modernise" it.

I know where you get your info so I trust it 100%.

I thought it had to do with their access to Hornets.

I can not understand why they are going to release a 32 scale hornet. They have announced one in 48 scale. *** is going on.

I want a confirmation that we will get our CF-188 in 1/48. I hope the 32hornet is really just a academy rebox.

The 1/48 CF-18 is on the way.