Super Etendard modernisé

Hi guys,

I am currently building a 1:72 Super Etendard modernisé and I am searching for some reference pictures from the cockpit area. Something similar like this http://data3.primeportal.net/hangar/luc_colin3/super_etendard_modernisee/images/super_etendard_modernisee_19_of_77.jpg

Such detail pictures from this particular aircraft are very hard to find.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Hi everybody

Like 72scaler I am working on a SEM , but in 1/48.

I bought a NEOMEGA Cockpit in a swap meet but the instruction sheet was missing. I thought it was not really necessary , but now it looks like I was wrong , especially now that I have tu cut off some kit parts...

I went on NEOMEGA Site , but actually there is nothing to see except for the parts ...

Does anybody here have this instruction sheet and is ready to share ?.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Madcop.

Hi everybody

Like 72scaler I am working on a SEM , but in 1/48.

I bought a NEOMEGA Cockpit in a swap meet but the instruction sheet was missing. I thought it was not really necessary , but now it looks like I was wrong , especially now that I have tu cut off some kit parts...

I went on NEOMEGA Site , but actually there is nothing to see except for the parts ...

Does anybody here have this instruction sheet and is ready to share ?.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Madcop.

Hi madcop,

sorry i can't help you with the instructions. But as you may know, you have to pay attention to the instrument panel. The instrument panel of the Super Etendard and the Super Etendard modernisé are quite different. I am not sure which one the neomega kit provide. (I thought it is the wrong one.)

Regards

Rob

Hi madcop,

sorry i can't help you with the instructions. But as you may know, you have to pay attention to the instrument panel. The instrument panel of the Super Etendard and the Super Etendard modernisé are quite different. I am not sure which one the neomega kit provide. (I thought it is the wrong one.)

Regards

Rob

Hi Rob

Thanks for your answer. I know NEOMEGA cockpit is not for the SEM Standard 4 version.The instrument panel is not that much difficult to transform. The side consoles will need some work also. But , actually that's the fun ...

I am not quite sure if the M.B.SM6 is the right one also. The head looks quite different from the pictures you and I have.

Madcop. :)

I think I'll use another cottage industry seat.

You can use High Planes Models MK6 seat for the CM-6 of the SEM. You need to add the head rest but it's a better looking seat than the Neomega one.

Hello MartinBK

Thanks for the info , but I haven't the HPM model.

On the other hand I have the Paragon Mk.6 for the Buccaneer and a HI-TECH Mk.4A.

The HI-TECH one is suited ( following the HI TECH instruction ) for the Mirage III family-Etendard and Super Etendard

The Buccaneer Mk.6 looks like it needs his head to be worked on.

Can you tell me which aircraft the HPM Mk.6 is suited for.

Thanks a lot.

Madcop. :)

The MK6 from High Planes is for an australian Mirage III (late ) but can also be used for lots of export Mirage F-1 (greece, Libya, Ecuator...).

A Buccanneer seat in really different not only the head box but also the chute pack (quite similar as the Phantom H7 seat).

The HiTech seat is probably accurate for a Mirage III (MB RM 4) and the Etendard IV (MB CM 4) but surely not for the Super Etendard (MB CM6) : the chute pack is not "soft" for that seat for instance.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

as I told you I am currently working on a SEM. Therefore I am scratchbuilding the hole cockpit section.

2013-03-16172119_zpse4ee8486.jpg

2013-03-16171336_zpscc2ccd18.jpg

2013-03-16171900_zps1d109f7c.jpg

2013-03-16172217_zps53c1e42b.jpg

My problem at the moment: there are pictures of the right panel but I can't find any of the left hand side. Such as this one.

super-etendard_27_jpg_zps7c74dcb3.jpg

Can anyone tell me how the left side looks like?

Thanks in advance

Rob

Hi Rob,

I too am (eventually) doing the SEM in 72nd scale. I initially had the Academy kit but after reading a few articles, I picked up a(nother) Heller kit for the better shape. I am strongly considering getting the costly Olimp resin mods to make the correct SEM model but we'll see!

To answer your question about cockit pics, try www.heavyplastic.com for a few pics.

Hope This Helps,

Glynn "WARDOG" Jacobs

(Almost) Flew NAVY!

Hi Rob,

I too am (eventually) doing the SEM in 72nd scale. I initially had the Academy kit but after reading a few articles, I picked up a(nother) Heller kit for the better shape. I am strongly considering getting the costly Olimp resin mods to make the correct SEM model but we'll see!

To answer your question about cockit pics, try www.heavyplastic.com for a few pics.

Hope This Helps,

Glynn "WARDOG" Jacobs

(Almost) Flew NAVY!

Hi Glynn,

thanks for your tip. Heavy Plastic has indeed nice walkaround pics.

About the shape issue: I have the academy kit as well as the heller one. The academy kit is more detailed and easier to built (general fit and quality of the parts). The shape isn't perfect specially in the front section. (The radome is too straight.) But in my eyes the heller kit does the exact opposit. The radome is bent too much to the ground and the angle where it is bent is too far away from the radome.

best regards

Rob