MiG-19 PM Farmer E

Excelent work as alwayas Janne! Just one pointing and excuseme if I am some anal: on the pics that you have posted an ugly seam line is some noticeable on the leading edge of the wings, mainly on the right wing. Don,t know if this is solved on the real thing and is only an effect on the photos, but perhaps you would like to take care of that. HTH

Keep that good work, friend.

Juan

I will, my eagle eyed friend :P

I sort of saved the wings for later, I wanted the fuselage to look good first and then the wing gaps would have disappeared on the next update without a mention :D

Ok Janne....I'm waiting for that BMF to hit this very nice looking Farmer....What's wrong ya ain't done yet?!?!....jeez some people like to hold out for that dramatic affect :woot.gif::whistle: :D I keed I keed, I have no doubts it's gonna be a stunner.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ok Janne....I'm waiting for that BMF to hit this very nice looking Farmer....What's wrong ya ain't done yet?!?!....jeez some people like to hold out for that dramatic affect :woot.gif:/> :whistle:/> :D/> I keed I keed, I have no doubts it's gonna be a stunner.. :thumbsup:/> :thumbsup:/>

Lol, not up to my usual snuff, I can only blame the work and the kiddies. From the first of April tho im going on 7 months of parental leaves

Well then,

Everything is filled, sanded and polished, all the small inlets and antennaes are in place and topped off with a final coat of primer.

IMG_0209_zpsbec95504.jpg

IMG_0210_zpsc8c8b46a.jpg

IMG_0212_zpsba26674d.jpg

IMG_0213_zpse5255bff.jpg

IMG_0214_zpsf478b22d.jpg

IMG_0215_zps6c992f28.jpg

IMG_0216_zps9bb79fe2.jpg

Now all that´s left is a clear coat and then it´s metal time! Hope I didn´t miss too many dodos!

Cheers!

Nice details Janne!!! Why the clear coat before Alclad? Is this a routine step with a NMF paint job? Just curious...

/Jesse

Thanz Jesse :D

At least it´s a routine step with using Alclad, the smoother and shinier the surface the shinier the metal finish will look.

If you put a alclad metal coat on a flat surface you get a flat finish and a gloss on a gloss surface and so on :D

I´m actually looking for something of a satin finish for this build... we shall see how it turns out.

And we have paint!

First I shot a couple of coats of pledge/future, not making it enirely gloss...more like satin.

IMG_0218_zps742c604f.jpg

then I shot the Alclad White Aluminium, and darn if it doesn´t look alright! I´m happy with it!

IMG_0219_zpsaaeb1835.jpg

IMG_0220_zpsc7a2608e.jpg

IMG_0222_zps2aac8730.jpg

IMG_0223_zpsb3fcf2cb.jpg

IMG_0224_zpsa831eacf.jpg

Detail painting next and then decals and weathering, going to take off a lot of that shine.

Cheers!

Detail painting!

I begun with masking.

Masking the nose was a bit tricky...at least masking o the inside :P

IMG_0225_zps50c1d550.jpg

IMG_0226_zps2d1ba162.jpg

brake wells and wheel wells was easy enough tho.

IMG_0227_zpsa6781121.jpg

And off with the masks, had some cases of the tape lifting the paint :( got to repair that.

IMG_0229_zpse13304fe.jpg

IMG_0230_zps4f1bc394.jpg

IMG_0231_zps6f73ccc5.jpg

And then I topped off with chipping with a toothpick :D

IMG_0232_zps66fa9fb0.jpg

Cheers!

Looking great so far. The paint on the nose looks great and the chipping affect looks very good. I'm assuming medium grey for the wheel wells,is their a special green for the nose? and what color for the brake wells. Thanks, Rob

Nice work, but I think, the green stuff was laminate plastic, so no metal chipping should be seen there...

Looking great so far. The paint on the nose looks great and the chipping affect looks very good. I'm assuming medium grey for the wheel wells,is their a special green for the nose? and what color for the brake wells. Thanks, Rob

It´s the same blue grey in the wells as in the cockpit, fs36473, and the break wells are just painted yellow...i didn´t have any refs actually. The nose should be FS24110 but I winged it with FS24108 and hoped it´s not too far off...paints fade over age anyhow.

Nice work, but I think, the green stuff was laminate plastic, so no metal chipping should be seen there...

THanx Tiger!

Darn I should have checked! Gotta fix it somehow :/

It´s the same blue grey in the wells as in the cockpit, fs36473, and the break wells are just painted yellow...i didn´t have any refs actually. The nose should be FS24110 but I winged it with FS24108 and hoped it´s not too far off...paints fade over age anyhow.

THanx Tiger!

Darn I should have checked! Gotta fix it somehow :/

But, it is strange, on this Bulgarian MiG it is somehow chipped... Arggggh

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Bulgaria---Air/Mikoyan-Gurevich-MiG-19PM/1855878/L/&sid=a2d0ee672768bdc3102797a3953abac7

And this too, but it seems to me that it is kind of grey, not silver... Sorry for decoying... ;-)

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Czechoslovakia---Air/Mikoyan-Gurevich-MiG-19PM/1284551/L/&sid=a2d0ee672768bdc3102797a3953abac7

Edited by tiger331

Hmmm ..I might get to keep ny chipping then? Ya-ya gabor where are you?

Migs were coated with a sort of lacquer containing aluminium powder and when it oxidize it becomes flat and looks grey.