Anyone else buried in snow?

No, none of that white stuff here, our weather is actually pretty nice;

Today: Partly sunny. Highs in the lower 80s. East winds around 5 mph becoming southwest around 10 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight: Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 60s. Southeast winds around 5 mph

Enjoy! :taunt:

Robert

No snow but we do have Thunder Ice and Sleet here in MO ...

-Gregg

Keep that crap in the Show me State. Of all things Mother Nature..that's one of my least favorite. In 2010/11 winter I had a tornado destroy my house on Fort Leonard Wood followed by a sleet/ice storm. Needless to say, I have no intention of ever going back.

You call this little sprinkling being buried in snow? :rolleyes:/>

Last winter Anchorage set a new record for snow fall in one season. Over 133 inches. Now thats snow.

Of course I'm not going out if I don't have to. The idiots in Alaska can't drive and the snow stays for a good six months. I'm not tempting fate here when it only stays for a few days.

Edited by duck

Keep that crap in the Show me State. Of all things Mother Nature..that's one of my least favorite. In 2010/11 winter I had a tornado destroy my house on Fort Leonard Wood followed by a sleet/ice storm. Needless to say, I have no intention of ever going back.

Yeah, I remember that storm, STL Airport got hit pretty hard that day too ... It was a freakish one ...

I imagine Colorado doesn't get any sleet or ice though ... :rolleyes:

I was born and raised and spent my first 20+ years in So.Cal and I sure don't miss the "Shake & Bake" there ... I love the Winters and especially the Autumns here in Missouri ...

-Gregg

Eh, snow schmow. We had about two and a half feet dumped on us a week or so ago and now they are saying we're in for another storm of a foot or so this weekend.

Snow doesn't really bother me much. Just an excuse to stay home and work on stuff...... :D

Almost got stuck at work yesterday in Wichita Kansas, but managed to make the 37 mile trip home before it got too deep. Got about 10-12" on the ground now & not going anywhere for a while. It's slow at work now anyway, so have a couple of days off. Just have to decide which of the 12 unfinished builds I'm going to try to finish. Probably will do the usual & start another one.

BW

Eh, snow schmow. We had about two and a half feet dumped on us a week or so ago and now they are saying we're in for another storm of a foot or so this weekend.

Snow doesn't really bother me much. Just an excuse to stay home and work on stuff...... :D/>

Same boat here in Rhode Island; though I think we're supposed to get mostly rain this weekend.

You call this little sorinkling being buried in snow? :rolleyes:/>

Last winter Anchorage set a new record for snow fall in one season. Over 133 inches. Now thats snow.

Of course I'm not going out if I don't have to. The idiots in Alaska can't drive and the snow stays for a good six monyhs. I'm not tempting fait here when it only stays for a few days.

Boohoo all people stationed in Alaska or Ft. Drum all you ever hear during the winter is "this ain't snow". We got over 18 inches where I live.

No snow here, but looks like a pretty decent chance of having about 1/10" of ice accumulation here tonight, which worries me some. Biggest issue will be the inability to get out of my apartment complex. There's a small hill to get to the main entrance, and someone in their infinite wisdom, put speed bumps at the top and the bottom, so there's no way to get any momentum to get up the hill.

KC has around a foot on the ground and the second round has just started. Woohoo! I love it! Being a native of Syracuse, this is what winter is supposed to be. Last year in KC we had 4 inches...total....for the entire winter. I say bring it on! Of course, it doesn't hurt that I teach 2nd grade and I have snow days to build and cast resin. :D

It's about 2040 hrs the 24th of Feb and we here in NE Kansas are apparently preparing to add up to 15 inches of snow on top of what's left of the 12+ inches we had last week (It's supposed to start it's full fury late tomorrow afternoon and last well into Tuesday afternoon.) Not sure if I'm going to the airport to work or just stay home (being retired makes a difference as to how your work sked goes!) - Trying to talk my daughter-in-law into not driving into work up in Olathe tomorrow (I-35 seems to turn into a zoo when the weather gets bad) - anyway, wish us luck for the next 48 or so hrs!