1/72 Saturn V ... a semi-scratch amalgamation

I've experienced it also depends on which print shop you get. ( Shapeways contracts out printing ). The folks in the U.S. may not have an issue, but the folks used in the U.K. reject it.

Tracy

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello guys...

Today the postman brought a 1/72 Apollo 10 kit from Dragon. Bought it 2nd hand since it is sold out over here...was also cheaper then new! :-)

Now I have that itching...it would be really cool to have the rest of the rocket as well! I have been looking around and the cheapest base kit is the Skylab S5 which, if I interprete the pics correctly has a 3rd stage all the way up to where the Apollo 10 kit starts. The Skylab section I read is crap anyway...so no loss. I could potentially get the rocket for around 130EUR...maybe less if I hang in there and wait for a 2nd hand one. But then it starts...just very roughly looking at the missing details and the wrong parts of the kit...I could add up a 4 digit number in EUR for add on parts! All that nice stuff on Shapeways...but the prices are astronomical. Has anybody else already callculated the price for a detailed 1/72 Saturn 5? Just curious what you end up with...

cheers

Uwe

On 24.3.2015 at 3:40 PM, johnlove_mk_II said:

The tiedown parts arrived yesterday. They're a little fuzzy, but I think when they're in place they will look great.

IMG_4275.jpg

IMG_4279.jpg

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-24%20at%208.30.51%20AM.png

That tiedown part looks great and it also looks simply enogh to make a mold from it and cast it in resin...:-)

cheers

Uwe