Hello everyone.

I have started a Su-25 frogfoot in 1/48 scale by OEZ.

I have also purchased the EDUARD pylons, Eduard masks, Eduard external PE set, Quicboost air scoops and the Neomega cockpit.

I will try to make this aircraft

0000001056_small.jpg

Also I have ordered missiles from Northstar models and rocket launchers from EDUARD.

The construction started by making a new front wheel bay by evergreen plastic because the kit's was very but and without any detail. So I made this:

2013_01_25_22_04_25.jpg

2013_01_25_22_03_13.jpg

2013_01_25_22_03_20.jpg

2013_01_25_22_03_37.jpg

2013_01_25_22_04_09.jpg

And here it is painted and wired:

P2230962.jpg

P2230963.jpg

P2230964.jpg

P2230967.jpg

more progress

P2220959.jpg

P2230960.jpg

And the seat (pictures before spraying flat clear)

P2230975.jpg

P2230986.jpg

P2230980.jpg

P2230977.jpg

P2230983.jpg

That is it for now. I will try to close the main body and proceed.

This is the first time I make something from evergreen and I kind of like it. Also I must add that this is my seventh model so far.

All comments are welcomed :rolleyes:/>

The ejection seat that you have built is the K-36DM Seria 2 version used on supersonic fighters. The Su-25 had a different seat specially designed for it, it is a simplified and a bit lighter seat under the designation of K-36L. Since it is intended for subsonic aircraft it lacks several features of its "bigger" brother the DM seat. What is visible from this is the absence of the arms restrains on the sides of the seat and the big bump of the "deflector" just in front of the ejection handles.

Best regards

Gabor

Thank Marek. Your build inspired me to start mine and I used it as reference. Thank you for your kind interest.

Gabor I know about the seat but the resin set that I had included this seat (I got it from a friend) and it is better from the one that the kit provides. I will try not to look at it a lot and remind me that it is wrong :bandhead2: :bandhead2: :bandhead2:

Look at my build on http://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=51760

He started nicely, but you do not know Eastern Bloc marking system for sytem on the plane.In your front wheel wells are green blocks. the green is for the aluminum alloy, has the name electron. The two blocks in the back, to be together, it's oxygen bottles and a blue color.Well, I am stickler for detail...... :rolleyes:/>

A to the seats. Gabor is right, it's K-36DM. The Su-25 was a K-36L and it was just a basic straps

Edited by harvy5

Gabor I know about the seat but the resin set that I had included this seat (I got it from a friend) and it is better from the one that the kit provides. I will try not to look at it a lot and remind me that it is wrong :bandhead2:/>/> :bandhead2:/>/> :bandhead2:/>/>

Its not a problem, after all not much is visible of the seat when installed. Your seat looks very nice even if not the correct subtype and you are far forward in construction to make any changes to it. I just added the comment for anyone who is planning to build the Su-25 in the future. Still have no idea if anyone produced a correct K-36L in this scale. For my 72nd kit I did a conversion of my resin seat to the L standard.

Look forward to further details of your construction.

Best regards

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor
  • 1 month later...

Finally I found the time to have a little progress so here is an update on the project

I found a new seat from EDUARD and I got also the interior set and changed a few things. First the new seat with pe belts:

P3310977.jpg

P3310970.jpg

P3310971.jpg

I then continued closing the cockpit but I used the EDUARD PE set for the instrument console. My problem is that I forgot to take pictures before installing it :bandhead2:/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/> :bandhead2:/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>.

Anyway the fuselage is closed so here are some photos of the almost finished cockpit.

P3310986.jpg

P3310988.jpg

Of course there are points that need filling with putty and painting but that will be in the next update :rolleyes:/>/>/>/>/>/>

Next are the main wheel wells that the kit provides this :bandhead2:/>/>/>/>/>

P4070997.jpg

So EVERGREEN to the rescue :rolleyes:/>/>/>/>

P4161067.jpg

P4161069.jpg

P4161075.jpg

And a picture of the model until now

P4161070.jpg

I hope for a new update soon

• 4 weeks later...