What if your kit arrived in the mail like this?

So, some of you may know that last year I struggled with the natural metal on an Airfix 737 I was working on. I ended up junking the kit and ordering a replacement since my LHS was out of them.

I ordered it from Amazon. This was fulfilled by Amazon...not a separate vender. Now, I have had lots of success with Amazon in the past, so I am not dissing them. This was caused by some knucklehead in shipping.

Anyway, I open the box, and this is exactly what I see. I immediately grabbed my camera and took the following picture:

dsc0001emf.jpg

Edited by DutyCat

So, some of you may know that last year I struggled with the natural metal on an Airfix 737 I was working on. I ended up junking the kit and ordering a replacement since my LHS was out of them.

I ordered it from Amazon. This was fulfilled by Amazon...not a separate vender. Now, I have had lots of success with Amazon in the past, so I am not dissing them. This was caused by some knucklehead in shipping.

Anyway, I open the box, and this is exactly what I see. I immediately grabbed my camera and took the following picture:

DSC_0001_zps391af433.jpg

Edot. I see that the image is not posting. Can anyone tell me why? This is an image URL copied directly from photobucket. I have not had this problem before. in fact, my signature image is coded and embedded the same way, and it works fine.

Here, at least is a clickable link.

First link had a double IMG code.

Wow, that's terrible ...

I've never had an issue with Amazon but I have noticed they don't pack items as nicely as they once did ... Multiple books use to be shrink wrapped with a backing board, not so any more ...

-Gregg

If the plastic, instructions and decals are in good condition, I wouldn't return the kit. How ever, I would would get in touch with Amazon, explain what had happened and furnish them with a copy of the pic, a copy of the invoice with the kit, plus any other data you have on the purchase and request they take steps to determine how this happened and what did they intend to do to see it didn't happen again.

Nice! Luckily nothing was damaged but wow, that's bad.

I wonder if it's a case where one person pulls the product and places it in a box to be packed and then it goes to another packing area. Maybe it appeared packed so they just taped it and sent it without looking that there was no packing fill? Still, pretty bad.

Bill

Don't be too quick to blame Amazon. I do not know what happened here, but we have had several cases over the years where we received similar reports from customers. I had them send us pictures of the relevant things such as the box, shipping label, etc. It turned out that the shipping box got damaged enroute and the shipping company re-boxed it and sent it along. We were able to tell that it arrived not in the box we shipped in because the box used was not one of our and/or the shipping label was either not from one of our printers (different font/style) or the label was obviously removed from a box and re-taped onto the new box.

I recently ordered non- Large scale kits from AMAZON . They were all very well packed & buffed with bubble wrap and VERY Secure.

It took about thirty minutes just to open one pack it was so tightly taped.

I am sorry yours was not as good. ..

Must be the person/ packer who was careless!!

I have not had any problems yet, touchwood. :whistle:

Even MY books come in those book parcels which are secure.

Return the parcel with a copy of the photo that you took . I guess the outside of the box also has all the paraphernalia showing it was sent by Amazon And not Re-boxed by the postal service, Because they might have damaged the original and thus just thrown the contents into the box as WE see it in your photo by some inconsiderate unthinking worker.

I hope it's not Amazon,but if they are responsible I think they will apologize and make good the order again!!

Use their feedback too.

<_<

If the plastic, instructions and decals are in good condition, I wouldn't return the kit. How ever, I would would get in touch with Amazon, explain what had happened and furnish them with a copy of the pic, a copy of the invoice with the kit, plus any other data you have on the purchase and request they take steps to determine how this happened and what did they intend to do to see it didn't happen again.

Couldn't agree more. Just do what Hawk10 said. Nothing more, nothing less.