I've built this model something like 25 years ago. This was my first model I finished with an airbrush.

1/72 scale Fujimi F-4F built OOB with kit decals.

F-4F_ARC.jpg

Edited by Lancer512

Daniel,your Death rattler one is great: the IFR probe and the napalm canister are AM items?

Yup, all AM. The napalms are from one of the Hasegawa weaponsets, slightly modified though. The IFR's are from P.P. Aeroparts. The set (AC709) is old (1988), but still very nice! Good thing is that it has 2 probes, so if I can help you out just let me know!

Daniël

Yup, all AM. The napalms are from one of the Hasegawa weaponsets, slightly modified though. The IFR's are from P.P. Aeroparts. The set (AC709) is old (1988), but still very nice! Good thing is that it has 2 probes, so if I can help you out just let me know!

Daniël

Wow,great news,I'm not too glad with my scratched IFR,is possibile manage a trade?

Gianni

...well I guess i'll follow phantom's multitude with my sole finished build of Hasegawa's F-4C kit OOB from the 2007 Reserve Group Build here on ARC.

Which I finished well past the cut off date back then. :doh:

F-4Cfinal020.jpg

• 1 month later...

Ok, let me join...some pics of my Spookies and from friends:

imgp0073us.jpg

Hasegawa F-4G, Airdoc decals, Verlinden seats, Eduard Zoom set, Aires Nozzles (Wild Weasel from my Friend)

imgp0070r.jpg

Many F-4 displayed a few years ago at Munich model show ...there are also Phantoms I have built in my youth...just 30 years ago!

What year were these taken? I happened to be in Germany in 2009 and was able to attend the model show at the museum with my son then.

Cool build! May I ask what you used for the dark green?

Thanks! It was my first time doing any kind of camo with an airbrush, so it was a challenge. The greens are Tamiya paints - the dark is probably XF-70 Dark Green 2 I think. I finsihed this one last fall, so it's been a while. I don't remember what colour I used for the light green. With both, I would have tinted them darker and lighter to get some variation over the plane, and to post-shade some of the panel lines.

The shops near me only sell Tamiya and Model Masters paint. I find some of the MM colours don't spray well whereas the Tamiya paints spray beautifully for me so I tend to rely on those. Generally it means a bit of trial and error trying to find the right colours.

Here's a 1/72 Italeri F-4S I did about 18 months ago:

p1010062u.jpg

I really like the look of this 4-tone grey scheme, I might have to add it to my list of projects! Where were the decals from?