Welcome to the Bent Wings Build

Welcome to the first Bent Wings Build!

We go from March 1 to September 1, 2013

The rules are very simple - ANY scale, variant, medium, operator and era for the F4U Corsair

All scales

All operators, markings

All variants

Military or Civilian

What-ifs are allowed - so long as it looks like a Corsair at the end of the build

Any kit and all aftermarket allowed as well

I would prefer everyone to start from scratch on March 1 but started kits may be allowed if there is only painting/cleaning up of parts or subassemblies (fuselage and wings not assembled) just PM me to ask.

The group build mod is me - Corsairman. And be easy on me, this is my first time being a mod!

We've got a number of prizes for those who post works in progress as well as finished builds - so make sure to post your inprogress as well as your finished builds!

How to sign up: Start a post in the Flight Line subforum. Ideally this should start with a photo of what comes with the kit, and any aftermarket you are going to use.

Once we start building, post your build topic. Lets see your progress showing how you have built your Corsair. Describe your techniques and show your results! Good Group builds are all about participation. There are a ton of models and aftermarket people want to know about.

When you are done post some finished photos in the Finished Builds subforum and again, feel free to discuss the model and your experience.

Other than that, this is about having fun and building a lot of Corsairs

Edited by CorsairMan
more information

Started my kit 01 Mar, but am using an engine I salvaged from an older build that met an unfortunate end. I'm using it because it's already got the plug wires installed. all 36 of them. Hal Sr

Edited by Hal Marshman Sr